Learn more about Steelers defensive end Cassius Marsh in this edition of Five Fast Facts.
1. Marsh originally signed with the Steelers late in the 2020 season and then was re-signed this offseason as an unrestricted free agent. He was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Marsh has started nine games during his NFL career and is now with his seventh team including the Indianapolis Colts (2020), Jacksonville Jaguars (2020), Arizona Cardinals (2019), San Francisco 49ers (2017-18), New England Patriots (2017) and Seattle Seahawks (2014-16).
2. Marsh's dad, Curtis Marsh Sr., spent three seasons in the NFL, including one with the Steelers in 1997. His brother, Curtis Marsh Jr., played five seasons in the NFL.
3. Marsh is a part-owner of a trading card store, Cash Cards Unlimited, in his hometown of Westlake Village, California. The store has everything from sports to Pokemon to Magic: The Gathering, a set of cards that started Marsh's own card collection. The interest in opening the store started after his own collection, worth around $20,000, was stolen from a backpack in his car.
4. The business-minded Marsh helped with the launch of the site Cameo, which provides people a venue to receive video messages from athletes and celebrities. Marsh recorded and sold the first video for the site when it came into existence in 2017.
5. At last count, Marsh has 31 tattoos and counting, and they range from everything from a polar bear, which comes from the nickname his father gave him, to a crab, and even the NFL shield.