Learn more about Steelers first-year receiver Cody White in this edition of Five Fast Facts.
1. Was signed to the Steelers practice squad in September, spending the 2020 season there. He was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Kansas City Chiefs following the 2020 NFL Draft, but was later released. He also spent time with the New York Giants and Denver Broncos before being signed by the Steelers.
2. Left Michigan State following his junior year to enter the NFL Draft.
3. His father, Sheldon White, played in the NFL for six years and worked for the Detroit Lions in the front office for 19 years. He went on to be the executive director of player personnel and recruiting for Michigan State and is now a college scout for the Washington Football Team.
4. Family has joked that he was born to play at Michigan State as his maternal grandparents both went there, and he often attended games there growing up.
5. Attended Walled Lake Western High School where he was the winner of the Michigan Mr. Football Award.