Learn more about Steelers fifth-year safety Arthur Maulet in this edition of Five Fast Facts.
1. Signed by the Steelers this offseason after spending the last two seasons with the New York Jets. He played in 23 games over the two seasons with the Jets, starting 11 of them. In 2020 he had 23 tackles with a sack and an interception in 11 games, starting five of them.
2. He entered the NFL as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Memphis, signing with the New Orleans Saints following the 2017 NFL Draft. He spent time with Saints and Indianapolis Colts during the 2018 season, before heading to the Jets.
3. Played at Bonnabel High School in New Orleans where he played defensive back and in 2011 was selected all-district as a punter. He also played soccer and basketball in high school, earning all-state honors in soccer.
4. Didn't start playing organized football until his junior year in high school.
5. When he was only 12-years old his family was forced from their home in New Orleans' Ninth Ward because of damage due to Hurricane Katrina.