A Hall of Fame night: The Steelers are hosting their Alumni Weekend for the Seahawks game, highlighted by the team's members of the Hall of Fame Class of 2020 and 2021 receiving their Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence at halftime.
Bill Cowher, Alan Faneca, Troy Polamalu and Donnie Shell will receive their ring at halftime from Hall of Fame President David Baker and Steelers President Art Rooney II.
Make sure to stay in your seats at halftime to enjoy the amazing presentation and welcome home your Hall of Famers.
A look at player arrivals before the Steelers' Week 6 game against the Seattle Seahawks at Heinz Field
Enter early: Heinz Field Management and the Pittsburgh Steelers are beginning a new program with the goal of reminding fans to enter the stadium early to ensure they will not miss kickoff. The program will begin this Sunday night prior to the Steelers game against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday Night Football (NBC, 8:20 p.m.).
Fireworks, which will be presented by Zambelli Fireworks, will be set off an hour prior to kickoff (this week, 7:20 p.m.) and 30 minutes prior to kickoff (this week, 7:50 p.m.) to serve as reminders for fans to enter Heinz Field so they will not miss all of the pregame activities, including Steelers introductions and kickoff.
Fans are also being reminded of the mobile ticketing process in place at Heinz Field starting this year. Prior to coming to Heinz Field, fans should:
• Save their mobile tickets to the digital wallet on their smartphone.
• Make sure their phones are fully charged.
• Arrive to the gates early – if you arrive after 30 minutes before kickoff, there is a good chance you will miss the start of the game.
Wave the towel: Daryl McDaniels of Run DMC and 10-tme Olympian and 4-time medalist and Pittsburgh-native Allison Schmidt will lead the Terrible Towel Twirl before the game.
Hear from a legend: Hall of Fame center Dermontti Dawson is taking part in a Q&A in the FedEx Great Hall beginning at 6:50 p.m.
Honoring a hero: The US Steel Salute to Heroes this week is U.S. Army Specialist 4 Harry VanRiper. VanRiper served in Vietnam and received a Purple Heart, C-I-B and the Presidential Unit Citation.
Towel unfurled: The large Terrible Towel will be unfurled by season ticket holders prior to the game.
Coach of Week: The Steelers Coach of the Week for Week 5 & 6:
• Week 5 – Sherman McBride, Ambridge Bridgers
• Week 6 – Dan Bradley, Our Lady of The Sacred Heart (OLSH) Chargers
Honoring America: Victory Brinker of America's Got Talent, a nine-year old from Latrobe, Pa., will perform the National Anthem and will also perform prior to today's game.
GAME DAY INFORMATION
- Arrive early and arrive prepared to the gates at Heinz Field to ensure you are in your seats prior to kickoff. Follow these important tips:
- View and save your ticket(s) to your digital wallet prior to leaving home. Learn more about mobile ticketing here. Also ensure your phone is fully charged. Learn more >>>
- Arrive to Heinz Field early; gates open 2 hours prior to kickoff.
- Those who arrive 1-2 hours prior to kickoff can typically expect to experience minimal delays at entry; those who arrive 30 minutes prior to game time can expect heavy delays.
- Ticket Office: Fans with questions or needing further help with their mobile tickets should contact us at 412-323-1200. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 9 am-5 pm and on gameday three hours prior to kickoff. You can also visit the Ticket Office windows located at the corner of Art Rooney Avenue and West General Robinson on gameday starting three hours prior to kickoff.
- Clear Bag Policy: No bags will be permitted into Heinz Field unless they follow the clear bag policy. Learn more >>>
- Heinz Field concessions are now cashless: Credit and debit cards are still accepted, as well as Apple and Google Pay. Please note: 50/50 will still operate as cash-only.
- Masks: Regardless of vaccination status, all guests, staff and vendors at Heinz Field will be required to wear a mask while visiting any of the indoor areas of the stadium. Guests who refuse to wear a mask will first receive a warning, and second time offenders will be removed from the stadium.
- Vaccinations: Fans will not be required to show proof of vaccination to enter Heinz Field; however, in accordance with CDC guidelines, unvaccinated fans should wear a mask at all times.
- To report issues while inside Heinz Field, text PITT33 to 69050 with your issue and location. One-touch issue reporting is also available through the Pittsburgh Steelers Official Mobile App under the 'Heinz Field' section.