The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to enjoy the many activities surrounding game day at Heinz Field for Sunday's matchup against the Cincinnati Bengals. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. and all gates will open at 11 a.m.
The Steelers will be celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Immaculate Reception at halftime on Sunday. The team will salute Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris and his teammates on the field. The halftime celebration will also include 11 former Steelers who were involved in the game as well as a video tribute from Terry Bradshaw.
The Steelers 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will allow fans who enter Heinz Field early on game days the opportunity to win exclusive prizes from the team. The first 25,000 fans who enter the stadium will be given scratch-off cards at all gates as well as suite and club entrances. Fans will have the opportunity to win pre-game field passes and the chance to participate in the pre-game Terrible Towel Twirl on the Steelers' sideline just prior to kickoff, Steelers gift cards, Terrible Towels, overnight stays at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa, Stage AE concert tickets, Nike replica jersey, one month subscription to PG site, Redbox rental from Giant Eagle, Bourne Legacy DVD from Giant Eagle/Universal Studios, Dark Knight Rises DVD from Warner Brothers, Official 59Fifty football cap from New Era, Sport Clips haircuts, fountain drinks from Pepsi and GetGo, Augustine's pizzas, Silverstar Meats hot dogs, small McCafe Mocha (hot or cold) and small McCafe Fruit Smoothie from McDonald's, Grilled Stickies from Eat'n Park, appetizers from Andora restaurant and Sabra products.
Fans are encouraged to stop by Stage AE prior to entering the stadium to participate in the Official Tailgate Zone of the Pittsburgh Steelers as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 9 a.m. There will be a free breakfast buffet from 9:30-10:30 a.m., and The Vagrants will perform prior to kickoff outside of Stage AE.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with Heinz Field, Alco Parking, Greenstar Recycling, Three Rivers Power Sweep and the PRC.
Additionally, starting at 11 a.m. on Sunday, collectors in Children's Hospital lime green vests will be at all gates accepting donations for the Children's Hospital Free Care Fund.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Sunday's game:
- Hall of Fame running back Franco Harris and running back Frenchy Fuquawill lead this week's Terrible Towel Twirl along with*the Dearing Family, who were the winners of this week's "My Pittsburgh Steelers" fan contest,Jim Phillips*, winner of the Post-Gazette's Fan of the Game, and 1st-IN-GOAL pre-game field pass winners.
- WDVE *and the Steelers Radio Network *will be live at Stage AE for their pre-game shows.
- Heinz and Giant Eagle will present a $10,000 check to the Extra Mile Educational Foundation prior to Sunday's game.
- Glitz *will perform in the FedEx Great Hall and theGingerbreads*will perform on the Main Concourse.
- Sony recording artistKristen Kellywill perform on the field prior to kickoff.
- Members of theU.S. Army Pittsburghwill present Sunday's colors.
- Rachel Bradshaw, daughter of Steelers Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw, will sing Sunday's national anthem.
- West Allegheny(WPIAL AAA Champions) andAliquippa(WPIAL Class AA Champions) will be honored in the third quarter of Sunday's game.
- Aliquippa Head Coach Mike Zmijanac will be honored during the second quarter as being named the Coach of the Year.