Salute to Service: The Steelers will honor active-duty service members and veterans on Thursday night at Acrisure Stadium as a part of the Steelers Salute to Service game. The Salute to Service game, an annual NFL initiative, honors our nation's service members, veterans, and their families.
There will be plenty of activities honoring the military, including some with Steelers ties.
Cornerback Levi Wallace, who is the Steelers Salute to Service Award nominee, welcomed a group of minority veterans to Acrisure Stadium for a banner hanging ceremony earlier in the week and they will hang on Art Rooney Avenue for the game. The veterans were also presented with tickets and are attending the game.
The Terrible Towel Twirl will be led by John Banaszak, the Steelers three-time Super Bowl Champion and United States Marine Corps veteran, along with the veterans Wallace honored earlier this week.
The U.S. Steel Salute to Heroes recipient is Petty Officer Michael E. McCarthy, United States Navy Seabee. In honor of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War, McCarthy was chosen as he served during that time. Under enemy fire, McCarthy provided our forces safe routes through the challenging terrain. After the war, he continued to serve our community and veterans. He is a founding member of the Veteran's Court and a board member of the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare's Fisher House. He served the community as a county police officer, an assistant DA, and is a Judge for the Fifth Judicial District of Pennsylvania.
The community organization of the game is the Veterans Leadership Program. Veterans Leadership Program is a Veteran-centric human service organization that provides housing, employment, wellness, and supportive services to Veterans and their family members residing in the Pittsburgh, Altoona, Butler, and Erie Veterans Administration Medical Center catchment areas, comprised of 30 counties throughout Western and Central Pennsylvania.
A Salute to Service video featuring messages from Steelers players and coaches will air during pregame. The video will include a message from Coach Mike Tomlin, thanking service men and women who 'provide the blanket of protection we all appreciate.'
The Terrible Towel unfurl will be led by 28th Infantry Division Band and the 316th Expeditionary Sustainment Command of U.S. Army Reserve.
The Color Guard will be a Joint Services one representing the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Space Force.
The National Anthem will be performed by Technical Sergeant Melissa Lackore of the United States Air Force Heritage of America Band from Langley Air Force Base in Virginia. In addition, Full Spectrum, from the United States Air Force Heritage of America Band will perform pregame at Stage AE.
There will be a pregame presentation at the POW/MIA Chair. Local leaders will join military representatives for a solemn remembrance.
Active-duty service members will be the flag runners to lead the team out of tunnel representing the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Space Force. It will be led by the American Flag and POW/MIA Flag.
The American Red Cross will staff a holiday card signing station for deployed military members, veterans and their families. Fans can visit the display in the Fed Ex Great Hall from when gates open until the end of halftime.
Halftime will feature an on-field competition featuring all five branches of the military in a 100-yard challenge, playing for their designated charities. The challenge is to make it 100 yards with a combination of your punt, pass and kick. Each charity will receive $5,000. Steelers legends Jon Kolb, who served in the United States Army, and Arthur Moats, who supports military organizations, will serve as the honorary co-captains for the contest.
In addition, there will be military shoutouts throughout the game on the jumbotron from local deployed service members and fans. Gameday employees who served in the military will be honored. 'I Salute' placards will be handed out to fans. Salute to Service banners and stencils will be on display throughout the stadium. Military charities will be set up on Art Rooney Avenue for fans to stop by pregame.
Minkah Magic: Safety Minkah Fitzpatrick is taking part in a community outreach program in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, donating tickets to Steelers home games to the Pittsburgh Police for them to take youth in city neighborhoods to games, as well as enjoy a pregame tailgate party inside of Stage AE. The tickets are distributed to different police zones each week, allowing a wide range of kids the opportunity to not only see a game, but spend quality time interacting with the police and getting to know the men and women who are there to protect them.
Enter early: Acrisure Stadium Management and the Pittsburgh Steelers are reminding fans to enter the stadium early to ensure they will not miss kickoff.
Fireworks, which will be presented by Zambelli Fireworks, will be set off an hour prior to kickoff and 30 minutes prior to kickoff to serve as reminders for fans to enter Acrisure Stadium so they will not miss all of the pregame activities, including Steelers introductions and kickoff.
Fans are also being reminded of the mobile ticketing process in place at Acrisure Stadium. Prior to coming to Acrisure Stadium, fans should:
• Save their mobile tickets to the digital wallet on their smartphone.
• Make sure their phones are fully charged.
A look at pregame warmups before the Steelers' Week 9 game against the Tennessee Titans at Acrisure Stadium
--> Evolv security screening technology has been added to gates establishing an arrival process for guests that is notably swifter and exceptionally safeguarded. Guests can simply walk through these systems unimpeded, without having to remove personal items (e.g., keys, cell phones, coats or bags), all the while maintaining the highest degree of weapons detection accuracy.
--> As part of an updated agreement with Ticketmaster, pedestal scanners have been installed at all entrances, club areas, and suites. This advancement aims to facilitate a rapid and touchless ticket scanning process, ensuring a faster and more convenient entry experience.
--> Checkout registers have been equipped with a new point of sale system to better cater to guests, optimizing transactions to enable quicker checkouts and reducing wait times at our concession stands.
A look at player arrivals before the Steelers' Week 9 game against the Tennessee Titans at Acrisure Stadium
NEW FEATURES & ENTERTAINMENT
--> Gameday Entertainment: Steelers Nation can expect a revitalized pregame with new features and fan traditions that will get them excited for the game. Fans are encouraged to arrive at their seats 20 minutes before kickoff to not miss a moment. Throughout the game, fans will notice modernmusic and video entertainment, along with interactive games featuring a helmet shuttle, fan filters, and more.
--> First Down Line & Down and Distance: The team is bringing some of the standard Network TV broadcast game elements to the stadium. Now fans will be able to follow the flow of the game on the scoreboard more easily through a yellow first down line and easy-toread Down & Distance graphics.
--> Next Gen Stats: A new statistical feature that provides fans with more detailed game and player statistics will be on display each game.
--> Commercial Clock: This new feature allows fans to understand how much time is left in Network TV timeouts, a countdown to when live game action will return to the field.
UPGRADED FOOD & BEVERAGE
Improved Speed & Convenience
-> Additional Walk-Thru Brus and Drink Markets have been added, which feature grab-and-go beverage models paired with smartcheckout devices, throughout the stadium. A new self-service soda refill station, located in the upper deck, was added so fans can fill up quickly and get back to the game.
-> Guests can skip the lines by taking advantage of newly improved mobile ordering on gameday, available via the Steelers Mobile App. Fans can place their order from their seat and pick up at designated concession locations.
New Locations & Concepts
--> Six Little Caesars pizza outlets have been introduced throughout the stadium to pair with additional locations of fan favorites Auntie Anne's and Caliente Pizza. These new locations will broaden both the quality and variety of offerings in the stadium.
--> Steel City Classics, a new walk-in express area, located in the east and west upper deck, will allow fans to select their favorite concessions and checkout themselves, so they can quickly get back to the game.
--> New food and beverage items have been added to the roster including delights like fudge puppies, chipped ham grilled cheese, poutine tots, and more. At Spirits 33 locations, fans can look for two new signature cocktails featuring Dubliner Irish Whiskey in a Steelers mason jar, that fans can take home. For a complete look at all Acrisure Stadium food and beverage options, click here.
--> Tours: Fans can elevate their weekend by booking a tour at Acrisure Stadium. The Steelers Hall of Honor Museum has quickly become a bucket list destination for any fan. Guests can also go behind the scenes with an iconic stadium tour. Book a Tour here.
--> Pregame Activations: Stage AE, Art Rooney Ave & Gate A lawn will feature legend meet and greets and several new photo opportunities including a 360-degree booth, a HERE WE GO sign, live music, and more. The FedEx Great Hall features the newly revealed Franco Harris retired jersey display and will also host an exclusive pregame Q&A session with a Steelers alumeach gameday.
--> Pro Shop: Steelers Pro Shop locations have been revamped throughout the stadium and are the best places to get new 2023 exclusive Steelers apparel and items sourced directly from the team.
--> Student Rush: College students now have the chance to secure exclusive tickets to each home game via this brand-new program. All fans can visit the newly designated area behind the south scoreboard for a variety of photo ops and city views. Learn more here.
- The game broadcast is carried nationally on Prime Video (NBC/WPXI locally in Pittsburgh). Game coverage begins Thursday at 8:15 p.m. ET.
- Al Michaels (play-by-play), Kirk Herbstreit (analysis) and Kaylee Hartung (field reporter) are on the game call.
- The NFL also offers fans a number of ways to watch games on their digital devices:
- NFL+ Premium gives you the freedom to watch LIVE local & primetime Regular Season and Postseason games on your phone or tablet, full & condensed replays of every game, and MORE! Whether you are at the stadium or on-the-go, you will never miss a moment with NFL+. NOTE: NFL+ is only available to users within the United States. For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit NFL+ Support
- Don't forget all Steelers postgame press conferences are streamed live on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App and the team's Official YouTube Channel.
- Steelers Radio Network - Game coverage begins at 8:15 p.m. ET; Pregame programming begins at 4:15 p.m. ET; Postgame coverage starts immediately following the game.
- Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Craig Wolfley (color analyst), Max Starks (sideline reporter) and Missi Matthews (sideline reporter) are on the call.
- Fans in the Pittsburgh area can listen locally on WDVE 102.5 FM & WBGG 970 AM.
- The Steelers Radio Network will broadcast the game live through our radio affiliates. Click here for a list of our radio affiliates.
- The game broadcast is also carried on Steelers Nation Radio (SNR). SNR is streamed on Steelers.com and the Official Steelers Mobile App. Fans can listen to pregame and postgame programming from anywhere in the world on these platforms. NFL geographical restrictions apply to the game broadcast stream for desktop, mobile web and mobile app users.
- SiriusXM subscribers can listen to Steelers game live. Please visit SiriusXM's Steelers broadcast page for channel details.
- Puedes escuchar la transmisión del partido en español en cualquier parte del mundo en steelers.com/espanol desde tu computadora.
- Si estás en México y en el área de Pittsburgh puedes escuchar desde tu dispositivo móvil y desde el App Oficial de Steelers. Simplemente haz Clic en la esquina superior derecha de la página principal del App donde dice "Live Audio" y selecciona español.
- Alvaro Martín y Arturo Carlos serán nuestro equipo del Steelers en español. Álvaro Martín está en su tercera década de crónica de la NFL y en su sexta temporada como comentarista de Steelers en español. Arturo Carlos está en su vigésima temporada cubriendo la NFL y quinta temporada como narrador de Steelers en español.
- Inicia tu prueba GRATIS ahora para ver todos los juegos de los Steelers en vivo en y más con NFL Game Pass International. Para iniciar tu prueba y regístrarte haz clic aquí.
*Activa las notificaciones en español del App Oficial de Steelers
*Abre la aplicación, haz clic en la esquina inferior derecha en "More," haz clic en "Settings," haz click en la tercera opción "Notifications" y activa el icono en "Español."
To listen, simply download the OTB app for free.
GAME PASS INTERNATIONAL
The NFL, in partnership with DAZN, has officially launched Game Pass International for the 2023 season, an opportunity for fans outside of the United States, Canada and China to catch all of the NFL action this season. Subscribers to Game Pass International will be able to access all preseason, regular season and postseason games live. They will also be able to access replays and condensed games on video on demand.
In addition, subscribers will have access to NFL RedZone and NFL Network, both live and on demand. NFL Films/Media will also provide original content and video via an on-demand library.
Content can be watched on all major devices, and fans can sign up today here: NFL GamePass International
The content is available for fans outside of the United States, Canada, China and a handful of Sanctioned Territories.
- Check out Game Day Central on Steelers.com for up to the minute stats and more.
- On the go? Download the Steelers Official Mobile App and follow along with our Game Center that features stats and drive charts.
- Play the YinzChat presented by UniBet the Steelers Official Mobile App prior to each week's game to win prizes.
- Follow us on Facebook, X, Instagram and Snapchat. Don't forget to use #HereWeGo.
- Don't miss live pre and postgame programming on Facebook
- Watch Coach Mike Tomlin's press conference, LIVE immediately following the game, on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App, Facebook and X.