Heinz Field Management Issues Advisory for Sunday's Steelers Game
PITTSBURGH — The Steelers and Heinz Field management would like to remind fans attending Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers about some traffic, access and security matters.
Kickoff is at 4:15 p.m. and fans are encouraged toarrive earlyto avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last minute crowds at the gates, and to enjoy in-stadium pregame festivities. All fans entering Heinz Field will be subject to full pat downs.
The Coca-Cola Great Hall and the South Plaza (Gates A and B) will open at 1 p.m., approximately three hours prior to kickoff. Gate C (access to the seating bowl, club lounges and suites) will open at 2 p.m.
Fans are also reminded of the following stadium policies:
· Coolers, bags, backpacks and large purses (larger than 8½ by 11) will be prohibited. Small purses, fanny packs, small camera cases and binocular cases and diaper bags will be permitted, however, all bags are subject to inspection. All bags that do not pass security must be returned to vehicles. In addition, Thermoses will not be permitted in the stadium.
· Signage and apparel with foul language are prohibited in Heinz Field. Fans with signage or apparel bearing foul language will not be allowed into Heinz Field or will be subject to expulsion from the stadium.
· Media must present identification and check-in prior to being admitted to the stadium.
· Media planning on exiting and re-entering the stadium at any point on game day must have their credential "scanned-out" before exiting in order for it to be valid for re-entry.
Heinz Field management recommends that all fans lock their vehicles and keep personal belongings out of sight before entering the stadium. Fans are advised to not leave valuables in their vehicles during games.
In addition, oversized vehicles are prohibited from traveling around Heinz Field on Steelers game day.
The Steelers and Heinz Field management are warning fans to watch out for counterfeit tickets when attempting to make a purchase from scalpers. Fans looking to purchase tickets are advised to only purchase tickets from the Steelers ticket office or access the team's online TicketExchange service by logging on to www.steelers.com/ticketexchange or by visiting www.ticketmaster.com. Fans are advised not to purchase paper tickets printed through the TicketExchange service from scalpers because of the possibility of counterfeiting.
Fans without pre-sold parking and cash parkers arriving after 1 p.m., should utilize the Blue 10 Garage and Allegheny Center Garage (access from NORTH on I-279 via Exit 2B, from EAST/NORTH on Rte 28 via Lacock Street or from SOUTH/WEST or EAST via the Seventh Street Bridge), parking areas in Golden Triangle and Station Square, and the Port Authority Regional Park & Ride Shuttles.
Reserved, pre-sold parking lots around the stadium open at 11 a.m. to game day parkers. Tailgating is permitted in the pre-sold lots surrounding the stadium. Reedsdale Street eastbound, via the West End Bridge, will be opened for the game providing access to pre-sold Gold Lot 1, Red 5 Garage and Red 7 Lots.
For $5.00, convenient Golden Triangle parking is available at nine (9) Pittsburgh Parking Authority garages and the Convention Center. The Fifth Avenue Place garage also provides parking for $5.00.
From Golden Triangle parking garages, fans can enjoy a pleasant walk to Heinz Field via the Ft. Duquesne Bridge walk and sidewalks on the Roberto Clemente Bridge. Fans seeking front door service can park in the First Avenue Garage or the Grant Street Transportation Center (at Penn Avenue and Twelfth Street) and catch a shuttle bus to Art Rooney Avenue near Gate A at Heinz Field (see below).
Park & Ride from the Golden Triangle Garages with Convenient Bus Shuttles
Want front door service to Heinz Field? If you park in the Golden Triangle, you can ride on a Shuttle Bus (for only $1.50 per person, each way). Shuttles operate two hours before kickoff and 45 minutes after the game. All shuttles will travel across the Clemente Bridge. Stops include Liberty Avenue across from the Wood Street "T" Station, Liberty Avenue at Heinz Hall and Sixth Street at Ft. Duquesne Blvd. At Heinz Field, Shuttles stop at Art Rooney Avenue near Gate "A."
Consider two garages with convenient access and Shuttles:
• First Avenue Garage – from EAST via I-376 (westbound) use Exit 71B (old 1D) to Second Avenue; and from SOUTH/WEST via I-376 (eastbound) use Exit 71-A (old Exit 1C). Shuttles begin adjacent to garage, with twice as many shuttles as in past years.
• The New Grant Street Transportation Center Garage – from SOUTH/WEST and NORTH via I-279 use Exit 70B (old 6C) (10th Street Bypass/Convention Center) to Penn Avenue and 12th Street. Shuttle stops on 11th Street at Penn Avenue (adjacent to Convention Center).
Regional Park & Ride Shuttles
Four regional Park & Ride shuttles, to and from Heinz Field (one each for the north, east, south and west), are available for fans who want front door service:
• 13S Ross Park and Ride – from I-279 North, take exit 12 (Perrysville);
• 68S Monroeville – East Busway (Mall);
• 51S Century III – Large Park and Ride; and
• 28S West Busway – Moon (University Blvd.)
These shuttles provide quick door-to-door service between their free parking lots and Heinz Field. Riders will be dropped off on North Shore Drive at Art Rooney Avenue near Gate A.
Shuttle rates are competitive ($2.00 to $2.60 per person, each way).
All regional shuttles will operate four trips from their respective lots beginning two hours and thirty minutes (2½ hours) before kickoff.
Four trips will return to each respective lot beginning 20 minutes after the end of the game with the last trip departing 45 minutes after the game's completion. Return trips will depart Heinz Field from West General Robinson Street between Art Rooney Avenue and Tony Dorsett Drive.
For more information, contact Port Authority Customer Service at (412) 442-2000.
PennDOT, the Pittsburgh city police and other partners are working with the Steelers and Heinz Field management to facilitate event access and to provide tips that will help with your game day commute:
Heading South and West via West End Bridge (Traffic to Rte 60 and Rte 50, use right lane)
• Vehicles Parked in Lots 2 and 4 and in lots West of Heinz Field -- Sproat Way northbound is now OPENfor access from North Shore Drive to West End Bridge.
• *Vehicles Parked North of Heinz Field– Use Western Avenue westbound and Ridge Avenue westbound for access to West End Bridge.
Heading North to I-279:
• The HOV lane (northbound) isOPEN.
• All Madison Avenue northbound traffic is routed to the Hazlett Street entrance to North I-279 via East Street.
Heading East to I-376 and North to Rte 28 and I-279 via Rte 65 Southbound:
• Vehicles Parked North of Heinz Field – Use North Avenue westbound (toward the river) to Chateau Street northbound and "U" turn to Beaver Avenue southbound entrance to Rte 65 southbound.
Golden Triangle Streets CLOSED, follow detour
• Stanwix Street, from Ft. Duquesne Blvd. to Liberty Avenue.
• Liberty Avenue at Stanwix Street(No through traffic on Liberty Avenue. See Penn Avenue westbound below for exit detour).
• Ft. Duquesne Blvd., eastbound(postgame only), Commonwealth Place to Sixth Street.
Golden Triangle Streets NOW OPEN
• Penn Avenue westboundfrom Fifth Avenue Place to Liberty Avenue is NOW OPEN (use as an exit detour for Liberty Avenue westbound).
No commercial trucks will be permitted on North Shore local roads surrounding Heinz Field from three hours prior to kickoff until after the conclusion of the game.
Station Square Boat Shuttles
Park at Station Square ($8.00) and ride the Gateway Clipper Fleet Steelers shuttle boats ($5.00 per person, each way).
– 30 –*
Steelers launch map within NFL Zone on Fortnite
The Steelers announced the launch of their own team-inspired map within NFL Zone, a multifaceted, dynamic metaverse experience built in Fortnite Creative
Steelers 2023 opponents determined
Dates and times aren't known yet, but the team's 2023 opponents are determined
Jackson returns to practice
William Jackson III returned to practice on Thursday but remains on the Reserve/Injured List
Play YinzChat for your chance to win!
Steelers Nation can play YinzChat, the Steelers official pick 'em game, this weekend for a chance to win a Kenny Pickett autographed football
Steelers-Browns game time announced
The Steelers will host the Cleveland Browns at Acrisure Stadium on Sunday, Jan. 8 at 1 p.m.
'The Standard' to air on Friday night
Don't miss the debut of the next edition of "The Standard" on Friday night at 7 p.m. on the Steelers digital and social platforms
Witherspoon returns to practice
Cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon returned to practice on Wednesday but remains on the Reserve/Injured List
Steelers-Ravens game flexed
The Steelers-Ravens game on New Year's Day game has been flexed to Sunday Night Football
Harris public viewing information
The Steelers will remember the life of the late Franco Harris at Acrisure Stadium on Tuesday
An 'Immaculate' Anniversary
Today marks the 50th Anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, the greatest play in NFL history