The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last minute crowds at the gate, and to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities for Sunday's game versus Tampa Bay. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. and all gates will open at 11 a.m.
For Sunday's game, the Pittsburgh Great Race could impact traffic and parking in downtown Pittsburgh during the morning hours. Several streets near the finish line (Point State Park) will be closed between 6:30-11 a.m.
The Steelers 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will allow fans who enter Heinz Field early on game days the opportunity to win exclusive prizes from the team. The first 25,000 fans who enter the stadium will be given a scratch-off card, and all 25,000 fans will be winners. Fans will have the opportunity to win Steelers gift cards (Steelers Sideline stores), pregame field passes, concert tickets (Stage AE), free in-stadium food and drinks, a PG Store offer, an official 9Forty League Cap (New Era), overnight stays (Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa), free coffee (GetGo) and admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The NFL Bag Policy that was implemented at the start of the 2013 season will be in effect for all Steelers' home games.
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5" tall by 3.4" wide.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5" x 6.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
- The PA Army National Guard will distribute clear bags to all fans who enter the nearby parking lots.
To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, there will be numerous elements on game day that highlight the NFL initiative. Vice President and Multicultural Marketing Manager of PNC Bank, Carrie Ann Quintana will be honored with the Hispanic Leadership Award. She has chosen the only Spanish-based school in Pittsburgh, La Escuelita Arcoiris, as the recipient of the donation for being named the award winner. Staff and students from La Escuelita Arcoiris will lead this game's Terrible Towel Twirl.
The cast of "21", which is a play about the late Roberto Clemente, will sing the National Anthem. At halftime, Steelers Coahuila, will be recognized for winning the NFL Mexico Flag Football National Tournament. And Sergeant Benjamin Maldonadoof the U.S. Marines will be honored as the ATI Hometown Hero.
Fans are encouraged to stop at Steelers Tailgates at Stage AE, presented by Coors Light, as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 9 a.m. WDVEand the Steelers Radio Networkwill also be live at Stage AE for their pregame and postgame shows.
There will also be live music in a variety of areas prior to kickoff. Moscow Mulewill perform at Stage AE, the Guaracha Latin Bandwill perform in the FedEx Great Hall and Miguel's Mariachi Fiestawill perform on the main concourse.
For all home games in 2014, the Steelers will have a 50/50 Raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home 50 percent of the game's collection, while the other half will go to selected local charities. There will be 50/50 kiosks and personnel throughout the stadium. Tickets go on sale two hours prior to kickoff and will end during the game. The winning ticket will be announced during the game and the winners' list will be posted on Steelers.com for 30 calendar days after the game.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling"campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field, Waste Management, Three Rivers Power Sweep and Alco Parking.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Sunday's game:
- The Pittsburgh Steeline Drum Linewill perform during pregame and will continue throughout the stadium during the game.
- Prior to the team's introductions, season ticket holders will unfurl a large 60-yard Terrible Towel near the home sideline.
- The U.S. Marines Recruiting Station Pittsburgh Color Guardwill present our nation's colors.
- The Marshall University Marching Band will perform on field at halftime.