The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last-minute crowds at the gate, and to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities for Monday Night's game versus Houston. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. and all gates will open at 6:30 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to be in their seats at least 15 minutes prior to kickoff as FanCam will be taking a super hi-res, interactive image of the entire stadium. The picture will be taken at approximately 8:15 p.m. and it will capture everyone in the crowd at Heinz Field. Fans can visit www.steelers.fancam.com to find themselves and to get the most in-depth look at every Steelers fan in Heinz Field.
To celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month, there will be numerous elements on game day that highlight the NFL initiative, including in-stadium banners, pink goal post padding, special game balls with pink ribbon decals and special pink coins used for the coin toss. Players will wear pink apparel, and pink ribbon pins will be worn by coaches and team executives/owners. Pink Towels will also be given away to all patrons at all gates.
Our nation's colors will be presented by female soldiers from the U.S. Army Recruiting Company Pittsburgh Color Guard. Also, Breast Cancer survivors will stand with Steelers players for the singing of our nation's anthem and will help lead the Terrible Towel Twirl. Breast Cancer survivor, First Sergeant Judy-Ann Bellefleur of the U.S. Army, will be honored as the ATI Hometown Hero. And during halftime, a "Warrior Quilt" and check will be presented to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundationin a special on-field presentation.
For all home games in 2014, the Steelers have a 50/50 Raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home 50 percent of the game's collection, and for this contest the other half will go to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation. There will be 50/50 kiosks and personnel throughout the stadium. Tickets go on sale two hours prior to kickoff and will end during the game. The winning ticket will be announced during the game and the winners' list will be posted on Steelers.com for 30 calendar days after the game.
The Steelers 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will allow fans who enter Heinz Field early on game days the opportunity to win exclusive prizes from the team. The first 25,000 fans who enter the stadium will be given a scratch-off card, and all 25,000 fans will be winners. Fans will have the opportunity to win Steelers gift cards (Steelers Sideline stores), pregame field passes, concert tickets (Stage AE), free in-stadium food and drinks, a PG Store offer, an official 9Forty League Cap (New Era), overnight stays (Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa), free coffee (GetGo) and admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The NFL Bag Policy that was implemented at the start of the 2013 season will be in effect for all Steelers' home games.
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5" tall by 3.4" wide.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5" x 6.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
Fans are encouraged to stop at Steelers Tailgates at Stage AE, presented by Coors Light, as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 4:30 p.m. WDVEand the Steelers Radio Networkwill also be live at Stage AE for their pregame and postgame shows.
There will also be live music in a variety of areas prior to kickoff. House of Soulwill perform at Stage AE, The Gingerbeardswill perform in the FedEx Great Hall, and Dave Moodywill perform on the main concourse.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling"campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field, Waste Management, Three Rivers Power Sweep and Alco Parking.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Monday's game:
- The Pittsburgh Steeline Drum Linewill perform during pregame and will continue throughout the stadium during the game.
- Prior to the team's introductions, season ticket holders will unfurl a large 60-yard Terrible Towel near the home sideline.
- Danielle Bradbery, country superstar and winner of The Voice, will perform Monday's National Anthem.
- Pittsburgh native and comedian Billy Gardellwill help lead Monday's Terrible Towel Twirl.
- There will be a Zambelli Fireworksdisplay prior to kickoff.
- The California Univeristy of Pennsylvaniamarching band will perform at halftime.