The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last-minute crowds at the gate, and to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities for Sunday's regular-season finale versus Cincinnati on Sunday Night Football. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. and all gates will open at 6:30 p.m.
Sunday night's game will be a "Thank You Fans" tribute. Fans are encouraged to arrive early as the Steelers will be providing gifts before and during the game. The first 5,000 people in the stadium will receive Steelers Nation Unite Terrible Towels. All fans that enter Heinz Field will be given a "Thank You Fans" scratch-off ticket sponsored by the* Pittsburgh Post-Gazette*, and all fans will be winners. Fans will also have the opportunity to win exclusive prizes throughout the game. Prizes include:
- 55" inch flat screen TV
- Bose headphones
- Dick's Sporting Goods $50 gift cards
- Steelers Sideline Stores $50 gift cards
- Post-game photo opportunity on the field
- Nemacolin overnight stays
- Steelers Nation Unite Terrible Towels
- Autographed Steelers footballs
- Heinz Field Concert Tickets
- In-stadium food and beverage
Steelers Nation Uniterecognizes fans as official members of Steelers Nation. The program is free to join and members have the opportunity to connect with the team and get recognized for their dedication. Fans can sign up at www.steelersnationunite.com, on the Steelers mobile app or at Heinz Field. Registration areas at Heinz Field are located in the FedEx Great Hall, East and West Clubs and the West Main Concourse. Fans can also sign up at Stage AE.
The NFL Bag Policy that was implemented at the start of the 2013 season will be in effect for all Steelers' home games. Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5" tall by 3.4" wide.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5" x 6.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
Fans are encouraged to stop at Steelers Tailgates at Stage AE, presented by Coors Light, as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 4 p.m. WDVEand the Steelers Radio Networkwill also be live at Stage AE for their pregame and postgame shows.
There will also be live music in a variety of areas prior to kickoff. Lava Gamewill perform at Stage AE, Totally 80's will perform in the FedEx Great Hall, and Abby Abbondanzawill perform on the main concourse.
For all home games in 2014, the Steelers have a 50/50 Raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home half the prize, and for this game the other half will be split between the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. There will be 50/50 kiosks and personnel throughout the stadium. Tickets go on sale two hours prior to kickoff and will end during the game. The winning ticket will be announced during the game and the winners' list will be posted on Steelers.com for 30 calendar days after the game.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling"campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field, Waste Management, Three Rivers Power Sweep and Alco Parking.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Sunday night's game:
- Volunteers will be on hand at Heinz Field for the annual collection for the Free Care Fund at Children's Hospital.
- American Eaglewill make a check presentation to the Ronald McDonald House.
- The Pittsburgh Steeline Drum Linewill perform during pregame and will continue throughout the stadium during the game.
- B.E. Taylorwill be performing holiday songs from his Christmas Tour on field during pregame.
- Prior to the team's introductions, season ticket holders will unfurl a large 60-yard Terrible Towel near the home sideline.
- The Steelers will honor City League Champions Brashearand WPIAL-AAAA Champions Pine Richland.
- The U.S. Army Pittsburgh Recruiting Company will present our nation's colors.
- Pittsburgh native and international opera star, Marianne Cornetti, will perform the National Anthem.
- Pittsburgh native and founding member of NSYNC, Chris Kirkpatrick, will help lead the Terrible Towel Twirl.
- The Busy Bee Bandwill perform on field at halftime.
- Army Sergeant First ClassRay Muncy will be honored as the ATI Hometown Hero.