The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last-minute crowds at the gate, and to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities for Saturday's Wild Card matchup versus Baltimore. Kickoff is set for 8:15 p.m. and all gates will open at 6:15 p.m.
The Steelers 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will allow fans who enter Heinz Field early on game days the opportunity to win exclusive prizes from the team. The first 25,000 fans who enter the stadium will be given a scratch-off card, and all 25,000 fans will be winners. Fans will have the opportunity to win Steelers gift cards (Steelers Sideline stores), pregame field passes, concert tickets (Stage AE), free in-stadium food and drinks, a PG Store offer, an official 9Forty League Cap (New Era), overnight stays (Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa), free coffee (GetGo), admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and many other prizes.
The first 5,000 people in the stadium will receive Steelers Nation Unite Terrible Towels and will have the chance to win many great prizes, including the opportunity to be on the field for pregame warm-ups. Steelers Nation Unite recognizes fans as official members of Steelers Nation. The program is free to join and members have opportunities to connect with the team and score exclusive rewards from wherever they follow the Steelers. Fans can sign up at www.steelersnationunite.com, on the Steelers mobile app or at Heinz Field. Registration areas at Heinz Field are located in the FedEx Great Hall, East and West Clubs and the West Main Concourse. Fans can also sign up at Stage AE.
The NFL Bag Policy that was implemented at the start of the 2013 season will be in effect for all Steelers' home games. Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5" tall by 3.4" wide.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5" x 6.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
Fans are encouraged to stop at Steelers Tailgates at Stage AE, presented by Coors Light, as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 3:30 p.m. WDVEand the Steelers Radio Networkwill also be live at Stage AE for their pregame and postgame shows.
There will also be live music in a variety of areas prior to kickoff. Bon Journeywill perform at Stage AE, Ruff Creek will perform in the FedEx Great Hall, and Dave Moodywill perform on the main concourse.
For all home games in 2014, the Steelers have a 50/50 Raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home half the prize, and for this game the other half will go to the United Way of Allegheny County. There will be 50/50 kiosks and personnel throughout the stadium. Tickets go on sale two hours prior to kickoff and will end during the game. The winning ticket will be announced during the game and the winners' list will be posted on Steelers.com for 30 calendar days after the game.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling"campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field, Waste Management, Three Rivers Power Sweep and Alco Parking.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Saturday night's game:
- The Franklin Area High Schoolmarching band will perform on field prior to kickoff and during halftime.
- The Pittsburgh Steeline Drum Linewill perform during pregame and will continue throughout the stadium during the game.
- Prior to the team's introductions, members of each branch of the military will unfurl a large 60-yard Terrible Towel near the home sideline.
- There will be a Zambelli Fireworks display during team and player intros and for the National Anthem.
- Members of the United States Air Force 311th Recruiting Squadron will present our nation's colors.
- Pittsburgh native and star of the television series Nashville, Chip Esten, will perform the National Anthem.
- Steelers' legendary running back and Super Bowl XL Champion, Jerome Bettis, will help lead this game's Terrible Towel Twirl.
- Army Lieutenant and a native of Belle Vernon, Timothy Sethman, will be honored as the ATI Hometown Hero.