The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to enjoy the many activities surrounding game day at Heinz Field for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. and all gates will open at 11 a.m.
The Steelers 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will allow fans who enter Heinz Field early on game days the opportunity to win exclusive prizes from the team. The first 25,000 fans who enter the stadium will be given scratch-off cards, which will be distributed by volunteers from Ford and UPMC at all gates as well as suite and club entrances. Fans will have the opportunity to win pre-game field passes and the chance to participate in the pre-game Terrible Towel Twirl on the Steelers' sideline just prior to kickoff, Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert tickets, Stage AE concert tickets, free concessions (Coca-Cola fountain drinks, Augustine's Stadium Pizza, SilverStar Super Hot Dogs) throughout the stadium, private tours of Heinz Field, Terrible Towels, 2012 Steelers Fan Blitz passes, and $10 of Steelers' merchandise at any Steelers' Sideline Store.
Fans can stop by Stage AE prior to entering the stadium to participate in the Official Tailgate Zone of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tickets to Sunday's game will be given away along with many other prizes. Admission is free.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Fan Cam will take place during kickoff and will give fans the chance to prove they were at Heinz Field for Sunday's matchup against the Bengals. Fans are asked to be in their seats early before kickoff each and every home game, and at that time, an ultra-high-def, 5-billion pixel image will be shot on the field. This 360-degree virtual image will capture Heinz Field in its entirety, and it takes between 5-7 minutes to shoot. Fans will be able to "step inside" the image and look around Heinz Field for a frozen moment of time at kickoff. Follow the Steelers Official Facebook page to be notified as soon as the image is available on Monday for tagging and sharing with friends on Facebook, email or twitter.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Pennsylvania Resources Council and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by PRC and the Alcoa Foundation in partnership with Heinz Field, Alco Parking, City of Pittsburgh Environmental Services, Greenstar Recycling and the Sports & Exhibition Authority. Since the beginning of the 2011 regular season, Steelers fans have recycled more than 15,000 pounds of aluminum, glass, plastic and cardboard.
The Steelers' annual Toys for Tots Drive will take place prior to kickoff of Sunday's game. Uniformed Marines will be stationed at all stadium gates and on Art Rooney Avenue from 10 a.m. until kickoff collecting toys, which will be placed in a truck donated by Movin' Murdy Moving Services. Fans are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to the game or donate online at www.steelers.com.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Sunday's game:
- Jefferson Tarc Bus will be performing in the Coca-Cola Great Hall and Smoking Section will be performing on the Main Concourse West prior to the game.
- PPG will present a $15,000 check to Academics in Motion prior to kickoff.
- Dean's will present a $10,000 check to the Arthur J. Rooney Scholarship Fund on the field prior to kickoff.
- America's Best Frisbee Dogs will perform on the field before kickoff.
- WDVEandSteelers Radio Networkwill be live at Stage AE for their pre-game shows.
- Moon native and country music up-and-coming star, Sarah Marince, will sing Sunday's national anthem.
- Six local soldiers from the 28th MP Company of the United States Army (based in Johnstown, Pa.) along with 1st-IN-GOAL pre-game field pass winners, Post-Gazette Fan of the Game Julie Chadwick and season-ticket holder Andrew Millerwill help this week's Terrible Towel Twirl.
- There will be a passing exhibition of the NFL's Punt, Pass and Kick initiatives during halftime. At the end of the third quarter, the winners will be recognized in the South End Zone.
- University Prep (City League champions), Clairton (WPIAL A champions) and Montour (WPIAL AAA champions) will be honored at Sunday's game.