The Steelers released home game highlights for the 2019 season and there are two things that immediately jump out.
The team will wear their Color Rush jerseys when they host the Miami Dolphins on Oct. 28 on Monday Night Football and wear the Throwback jerseys when they host the Los Angeles Rams on Nov. 10, which will also be Alumni Weekend.
The Color Rush jersey has become a popular one with fans and players alike. And rightfully so. Not only does it look great, but the Steelers are 4-0 when wearing the jersey.
The monochromatic uniform features a black jersey with gold numbers and gold stripes on the sleeves, while the pants are all black.
"I like those. I think it's a good change," said James Conner. "When we have one style of game pants, everyone is so used to seeing us in black and gold at home. When it goes all black, I think it looks solid."
The Throwback jersey is a nod to great teams of the past, starting in the 1970s, and features block letters and numbers on a traditional looking jersey.
The team will honor the 40th Anniversary of the Super Bowl XIV team that same game as a part of Alumni Weekend.
"I think it's really cool," said T.J. Watt, who had seven tackles and a sack wearing the jersey last year in a 33-18 win over the Cleveland Browns. "It just shows that even know you can barely tell the difference, it's because we honor the tradition. It means a lot that we can wear the jerseys they wore and be a part of that tradition is awesome."
The team's rich history and tradition will also be on display when the Hall of Honor induction celebration is held when the team hosts the Cincinnati Bengals. The 2019 Hall of Honor class, which includes Larry Brown, Bill Cowher, Elbie Nickel and Hines Ward, will be inducted during a ceremony at Heinz Field on Sunday, Sept. 29 and they will be honored during the game on Monday, Sept. 30
Other highlights this year include the following:
- Friday, August 9, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Play Football Month and Youth Football activities; AJR Scholarship presentation.
- Saturday, August 17, Kansas City Chiefs – Play Football Month and Youth Football activities; United Way Kickoff Campaign.
- Sunday, September 15, Seattle Seahawks – Home opener; NFL100 Fantennial Weekend activities (more information forthcoming).
- Monday, September 30, Cincinnati Bengals – Hall of Honor Introduction Weekend.
- Sunday, October 6, Baltimore Ravens – Crucial Catch: Intercept Cancer; "Rock Steelers Style 2019 Weekend".
- Monday, October 28, Miami Dolphins – Team to wear Color Rush uniforms.
- Sunday, November 3, Indianapolis Colts – Salute to Service activities; Military theme.
- Sunday, November 10, Los Angeles Rams – Team to wear Throwback jerseys; Alumni Weekend; celebration of Super Bowl XIV championship.
- Sunday, December 1, Cleveland Browns – Pro Bowl Balloting initiatives.
- Sunday, December 15, Buffalo Bills – "Thank you Fans" tribute; recognition of WPIAL and City League High School Champions.