Linebacker Anthony Chickillo, who was taken off the Reserve/Commissioner Exempt List earlier this week, spoke on Friday for the first time since having charges withdrawn against him for a recent incident during the team's bye week.
"I just want to acknowledge the situation has been a distraction for my teammates, the organization, and the fans," said Chickillo. "I apologize for that.
"I just want to do whatever I can to help the team and move forward. Just one day at a time and grow with my team.
"I am grateful no charges from the legal system. I am hopeful moving forward with the NFL they find the same thing."
Chickillo said he has spoken to many in the organization about the situation and has received support.
"Coach (Mike) Tomlin has been supportive, take it one day at a time," said Chickillo. "Just do what I can to grow as a person and a football player.
"(My teammates) ask me how I am doing and I just want to move forward and doing anything I can to help the team moving forward."
Chickillo returned to practice on Thursday and said he does not know what his status for Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts at Heinz Field is at this point.
"These past two days have been my first practices back and that decisions is ultimately up to Coach Tomlin, and Coach (Keith) Butler. If my name is called, I will be ready."