Steelers 2018 NFL Draft Facts & Figures
- The 2018 NFL Draft will take place April 26-28 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Steelers.com will bring you full coverage, from text, to live press conferences, and full coverage on SNR. Full coverage information is listed below, which includes how to watch press conferences after each pick.
- The first round kicks off on Thursday, April 26 at 8 p.m. (ET), and continues with the second and third rounds on Friday, April 27 at 7 p.m. (ET). It concludes on Saturday, April 28 with rounds four-seven starting at 12 noon (ET).
- The NFL Draft will be broadcast on multiple networks, the following is where each round can be viewed:
Round 1 – Thursday, April 26 – NFL Network, ESPN and FOX
Rounds 2-3 – Friday, April 27 – NFL Network, ESPN, ESPN 2 and FOX
Rounds 4-7 – Saturday, April 28 – NFL Network, ESPN and ABC
- The Steelers have the 28th overall pick in the first round. Here is a breakdown of the seven picks.
Round 1 – 28th overall
Round 2 – 60th overall
Round 3 – 92nd overall
Round 5 – 148th overall (from San Francisco in Vance McDonald trade that sent fourth round pick to 49ers)
Round 5 – 165th overall
Round 7 – 220th overall (from New York Giants in trade that sent Ross Cockrell to New York)
Round 7 – 246th overall
- Round 1:10 minutes per selection. Round 2:Seven*minutes per selection.Rounds 3 through 6: Five minutes per selection. Round 7: *Four minutes per selection.
- The highest the Steelers have ever selected in the first round is number one overall. That occurred twice, once in 1956 when they selected defensive back Gary Glick, and again in 1970 when the team selected quarterback Terry Bradshaw.
- The most draft choices the Steelers ever had was 30 in each draft from 1943-48. Since the NFL's modern era, the most selections were 22 in both 1971 and 1976.
- The fewest draft choices the Steelers had happened in 2003 when they only had five draft picks.
The Steelers and our media partners are providing more ways than ever to follow the throughout the NFL Draft.
Live Draft Coverage Presented by UPMC Health Plan
All press conferences held at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex throughout the NFL Draft will be streamed live across five Steelers platforms:
- The Steelers Official Mobile App
- The Steelers Official Facebook Page
- The Steelers Official Twitter - @Steelers
- Steelers Nation Radio SNR
Steelers Nation Radio will bring you wall-to-wall coverage of the NFL Draft. A complete programming schedule is listed below and will include live press conferences, as well as interviews with Steelers draft picks and team personnel. SNR can be streamed live on Steelers.com and through the Steelers Official Mobile App.
Thursday 8 p.m.- Midnight
Friday 7 p.m.- Midnight
Saturday Noon-6 p.m.
For fans in the Pittsburgh market, KDKA TV-2 will broadcast special Steelers Draft programming.
Steelers Draft 2018 Preview presented by Hyundai
Thursday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m.
KDKA's Bob Pompeani and former Steelers defensive lineman Chris Hoke preview the draft. The special includes a behind-the-scenes feature on how the Steelers scouting staff prepares for the NFL Draft.
Steelers Draft 2018 Wrap-Up presented by Hyundai
Saturday, April 28 at 7:00 p.m.
KDKA's Bob Pompeani and former Steelers QB Charlie Batch wrap up the draft. The special includes a exclusive one-on-ones with Steelers draft selections.
From the Podium: https://www.facebook.com/From-the-Podium-208336896609937/
Steelers Nation Unite members can earn extra yards by tuning in to the NFL Draft coverage on Steelers.com and on SNR. Listen for the SNU keyword following the press conferences on Steelers.com in Rounds 1, 2 and 3, and tune in to SNR all weekend for the words to enter at SteelersNationUnite.com.
Don't miss the excitement of the 2018 Steelers Fan Blitz. This year's draft day event will be held on Saturday, April 28 from 12-6 pm* *at Heinz Field.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the Fan Blitz page.