Why you should be excited about Wesley Johnson:
- He started a school-record 51 games at Vanderbilt.
- He has started at tackle, guard and center. "He's not only a guy who can play all three positions, he's a guy who has played all three positions," Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak assessed.
- At 6-foot-5 and 297 pounds Johnson has the necessary size, but he's also agile enough and athletic enough to fit the mold of the more mobile offensive linemen the Steelers have been seeking as they incorporate the outside-zone blocking scheme.
- He was a First-Team All-SEC selection at left tackle in 2013.
- Johnson blocked No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney effectively in Vanderbilt's most recent game against South Carolina. "He did very well, actually," Munchak said. "He plays with confidence. He had a nice, solid game against Clowney."