Why you should be excited about Dri Archer:
- His official 40-yard dash time at the combine was 4.26, No. 1 among all the running backs and slower only than Chris Johnson's combine-record 4.24 in 2008.
- Archer scored a Kent State-record 23 touchdowns in 2012, 16 rushing (159-1,429-16), four receiving (39-561-4) and three on kickoff returns.
- Running backs coach James Saxon considers Archer "as tough as any kid I've been around."
- Archer can potentially fill the scat-back, specialty back, complementary back role LaRod Stephens-Howling was unable to handle last season due to a season-ending injury in the opener. Archer also will solve the issues the Steelers had in 2013 with kickoff returns
- The Steelers have done OK with guys from Kent State previously (James Harrison and Jack Lambert, for example), and the MAC in general (Ben Roethlisberger).