USA Football, the sport’s national governing body and a member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, and the Pittsburgh Steelers recently awarded grants for new equipment, uniforms and other resources to youth and scholastic football programs throughout the Pittsburgh area.
In 2019, USA Football’s equipment grant program will award over $1.5 million in resources to benefit young athletes based on need, merit and the organization’s commitment to coaching education and best practices. Since 2006, USA Football’s grant program has awarded more than $14 million in grants to youth and school-based football programs, which has directly benefitted more than 500,000 youth and high school players across 9,500 programs in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Grants are valued at up to $1,000 apiece and provide resources from the following USA Football partners:
- Tackle football equipment from Riddell
- Flag football equipment
- Uniforms from Badger Sport
- Field and practice equipment from Tackle Tube, Shadowman Sports and Gilman Gear
- Background checks from Peopletrail
- Wearable technology from Catapult
USA Football’s equipment grant program is made possible through the NFL Foundation. The NFL Foundation is the league’s nonprofit organization representing its 32 clubs. Its mission is to support the health, safety and wellness of athletes, youth football and the communities which support the game. USA Football is the official youth football development partner of the NFL.
“In partnership with USA Football and our 32 clubs, the NFL Foundation is proud to deliver much-needed resources and equipment to youth football leagues and school-based football programs across the country,” said Alexia Gallagher, Executive Director of the NFL Foundation. “These efforts help create an enhanced football-playing experience and ensure kids can enjoy the fun and fitness of the ultimate team sport.”
“USA Football is pleased to work with the Pittsburgh Steelers, the NFL Foundation and our partners to provide resources and equipment to help athletes across youth leagues and scholastic programs have an exceptional football experience,” said USA Football CEO Scott Hallenbeck. “Through these grants, the football family is supported and elevated as we continue to work together to reimagine our game for the good of our young athletes who love to play it.”
“We are excited for several of our local youth and high school football programs to benefit from some additional funding to help support their financial needs of the upcoming season and beyond,” said Youth and High School Football Marketing Manager Mike Marchinsky.
Pittsburgh-area youth and school-based school programs awarded a 2019 USA Football Grant
- Albert Gallatin Youth Football League, Masontown, PA
- Baldwin-Whitehall Athletic Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Brookline Knights Youth Organization, Pittsburgh, PA
- Centre Region Parks & Recreation, State College, PA
- Guyasuta Area Youth Football, Pittsburgh, PA
- Heights Jr. Grenadiers Football & Cheerleading, Wilkes Barre, PA
- Hollidaysburg Area Youth Football Association, Williamsburg, PA
- Loyalsock Youth Football and Cheer, Williamsport, PA
- Mannington Youth Football LLC., Mannington, WV
- North Shore Stallions, Pittsburgh, PA
- Pittsburgh Kings, Pittsburgh, PA
- Riverside Youth Football, Ellwood City, PA
- Sto-Rox High School, Mckees Rocks, PA
- Swissvale-Braddock Athletic Association, Braddock, PA
- West Mifflin Youth Association, Duquesne, PA
- Yough Area Midget Football, Sutersville, PA
About USA Football: USA Football designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport’s national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players.
About The NFL Foundation: The National Football League Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of those touched by the game of football – from players at all levels to communities across the country. The NFL Foundation represents the 32 NFL clubs and supports the health, safety and wellness of athletes, youth football, and the communities that support our game. For more information on The NFL Foundation, visit: www.NFLFoundation.org.