The Pittsburgh Steelers players are committed to supporting the Greater Pittsburgh community and make numerous community appearances throughout the year. The following procedures and guidelines are designed to help with your player appearance request.
Due to the overwhelming number of appearance requests we receive, and the busy practice schedules of the team, we cannot fulfill every player appearance request.
All player appearance requests should be made in writing on your organization's letterhead at least 6 weeks prior to the event date. No telephone, fax or email requests will be accepted.
Important Facts to Consider
- Tuesday is the only day the players have off during the season.
- Due to the high volume of requests we receive, player availability is on an extremely limited basis.
- It is highly recommended that your event NOT center around an appearance by a player or staff member, but rather that an appearance should be approached as a complementary element to your event.
- Player appearances typically last one hour in length.
- We can accommodate no more than one request per organization per calendar year.
- Players are not available during Training Camp or during the Playoffs.
- There is limited availability of players during the offseason (February - June).
- The Pittsburgh Steelers reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or replace a player for a confirmed event in the case of extenuating circumstances (i.e. injury, family emergency, team obligations, etc.)
- Should you not hear from the Pittsburgh Steelers two (2) weeks out from your event date, please know that we have been unsuccessful in assisting you.
Please mail your appearance request to:
Pittsburgh Steelers Community Relations
3400 South Water Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Please include the following information with your request:
- Organization name, full mailing address and telephone numbers
- Contact person's name and telephone number
- Day, date, time, length and location of event. Open Date Availability requests will not be considered.
- Player, coach or staff member requested for event
- Specific role of player or staff member - normally player appearances center on educational and outreach programs such as reading to children, recreational activities and other such activities.
- Estimated attendance and type of audience (i.e. kids, adults)