Why Wait? Take a Tour of Heinz Field!
Heinz Field is not only the home of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the University of Pittsburgh Panthers football teams; it is also a monument to the outstanding Western Pennsylvania football tradition and to its loyal fans.
Since 2001, when the gates were opened to this 65,050-seat state-of-the-art facility, Heinz Field has provided a thrilling, behind the scenes view of the Steelers and Panthers football teams to thousands of men, women, and children of all ages. In addition, the view of the city's unique skyline and Point State Park from the South Plaza within the stadium serves to add to the tremendous excitement that is Heinz Field.
Tours of Heinz Field provide guests with a behind-the-scenes look into the Coca-Cola Great Hall, Clubs, Luxury Suites, Press Box, Field, South Plaza, and much more! We encourage you to personally see Heinz Field – Pittsburgh's latest and greatest landmark.
* *Tours are conducted April through October every year
Tours will NOT be conducted on the following dates:
Monday, September 7 – due to Labor Day Holiday
Thursday, September 10 – due to Steelers vs. Tennessee gameThursday, September 24 - due to G-20 SummittFriday, September 25 - due to G-20 Summitt
Wednesday, September 30 – due to R.A.D. Day Tours
*How to Schedule a Group Tour of Heinz Field for 10 or more people:
- You must have at least 10 people in your group. If you do not, please see* "Heinz Field Walk-Up Tours"* below.
- Tours are offered April through October, Monday through Friday.
- Tour Times begin at 9:00 am through 2:00 pm on the hour or half hour.
- To book your tour, please call us at 412-697-7150, and then press "5" for more information.
- Tours are approximately 1 and ½ hours in length.
- Tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- Tours are not conducted on holidays, most weekends, or event days.
Heinz Field Walk-Up Tours
Designed for groups of less than 10 people:
(Please note Walk-Up Tours do not begin until June)
- Walk-up tours are offered to groups with less than 10 people. If you have more than 10 in your group, please see "How to schedule a tour of Heinz Field"above.
- They are offered every Monday, Wednesday, and
Friday at 10:00 am and 12:00 Noon.
- No reservation is needed. Just simply meet under the Coca-Cola Great Hall sign located on Art Rooney Avenue by 9:45 am for the 10:00 am tour and by 11:45 am for the 12:00 noon tour. *(Cash payment only) *
- During the months of September and October, Walk-up tours are conducted on Mondays and Fridays at 10 am ONLY.
Saturday tours begin in April and end in July. The selected Saturday for tours will be posted monthly. We offer a Walk-Up Tour at 10:00 am ONLY as well as scheduled group tours from 10:00 am to approximately 1:00 pm.
Saturday Tours for 2009
April - 18th
May - 23rd
June - 20th
July - 11th
- Children/Students (ages 18 and under) - $4.00 per person
- Adults - $6.50 per person
- Senior Citizens (ages 55 and older) - $4.00 per person
*For school group tours, you will receive one free chaperone/adult per every 10
*Please note: If your bus drivers plan on taking the tour, you must include he/she in your total count.
Transportation to Heinz Field
If you have a tour scheduled before 11 am, private cars and vans will need to park in Gold Lot 1 off of West General Robinson Street for $5.00. If you have a tour scheduled at 11 am or after, private cars and vans will need to park in Gold Lot 2 off of North Shore Drive for $3.00. Buses may drop off and park anywhere along Art Rooney Avenue for free.
Educational Outreach Program
The Pro Football Hall of Fame and an Educational Advisory Panel consisting of nine teachers, five of which are National Board Certified Teachers, have designed a FREE Activity Guide for teachers to utilize in the classroom. This guide offers a fun and effective way for teachers to incorporate classroom activities relevant to football while acquiring a learning experience at the same time. The guide consists of everything from Language Arts activities to Mathematics involving the history of the National Football League, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and football in general. This book is online through the Pro Football Hall of Fame at http://www.profootballhof.com/hall/PittsburghSteelers.jsp.
Below are just a few of our favorites for you to enjoy! We hope this guide will offer an exciting way for you to prepare your students for their field trip to Heinz Field or reflect back on the experiences they had while visiting the stadium.
|Educational Outreach Program|
|Art Rooney: "Chief" of the Steelers||p. 33|
|Sports Journal Writing||p. 47|
|Language Activities||p. 50-51 along with p. 176-178|
|Dollars and Cents at the Concession Stand||p. 65|
|Super Bowl Numbers||p. 76|
|Steelers Super Bowl XL Roster||p. 77|
|Miscellaneous Math Activities||p. 79|
|NFL Cities Word Search||p. 165|
Additionally, teachers can sign up for the Educational Outreach Program Newsletter to receive a monthly (September – May) e-newsletter that is sent to educators across the country updating them on current educational initiatives offered at the Hall of Fame. The newsletter also offers supplemental materials and educational resources for teachers to use in the classroom. Teachers can sign up for this newsletter at http://www.profootballhof.com/edpro_signup.jsp.
What can you bring with you on your tour of Heinz Field?
All guests touring Heinz Field must adhere to the stadium security policies. For more information, please refer to our Heinz Field Fan Guide.
How to book your tour or obtain more information:
To schedule your group for a tour of Heinz Field or obtain more information, please call us at 412-697-7150, and then press "5" for more information.
You may also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The tour hotline and email are checked daily.
Please note that the Coca-Cola Great Hall is not open to the public on a daily basis. *
All elements of Heinz Field Tours are subject to change due to inclement weather and previously scheduled events.*