Pittsburgh Steelers (5-1) at New Orleans Saints (4-3)Date: Sunday, Oct. 31, 2010
Kickoff: 8:20 p.m., ET
Site: Louisiana Superdome (68,000) • New Orleans, La.
Playing Surface: Sportexe Momentum
TV Coverage: NBC-TV (locally WPXI-TV, channel 11)
Announcers: Al Michaels (play-by-play) Cris Collinsworth (color analyst) Andrea Kremer (sideline)
Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) Tunch Ilkin (color analyst) Craig Wolfley (sideline)
National Radio: Westwood One Radio
Announcers: Dave Sims (play-by-play) James Lofton (color analyst) Scott Kaplan (sidelines)
Spanish Radio: Grupo Imagen - Destrito Federal (Mexico City) XEDA-FM 90.5
A Look at the Coaches
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
Overall regular-season record: 36-18 (.667)/fourth season
Regular-season record at Pittsburgh: 36-18 (.667)/fourth season
Playoff Record/Years: 3-1/two years
New Orleans Saints Head Coach Sean Payton
Overall regular-season record: 42-29 (.592)/fifth season
Regular-season record at New Orleans: 42-29 (.592)/fifth season
Playoff Record/Years: 4-1/two years
Series History: Series began in 1967
Overall: Pittsburgh leads 7-6
At Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh leads 3-2
At New Orleans: Series tied 4-4
Neutral Sites: n/a
Last Regular-Season Meeting: Nov. 12, 2006 (in Pittsburgh)
Pittsburgh 38, New Orleans 31
Postseason Series: n/a
(postseason record not included in overall series record)
Pittsburgh leads the all-time series 7-6 after a 38-31 victory over the Saints in the most recent matchup (2006)...this marks the first matchup between the teams in the Mike Tomlinera...this is the first game at the Superdome in the series since a 32-29 Saints' victory in 2002...the Steelers have lost two of the last three meetings at the Superdome with the lone victory during that time coming in 1990, a 9-6 Pittsburgh win...the Steelers have won three of the last four meetings overall...the Steelers have played New Orleans 13 times, which is the fourth-fewest games against any team in the NFL for Pittsburgh.
Steelers-Saints Connections: Several Steelers have ties to the Saints and the New Orleans area. Steelers with direct ties to the Saints and the New Orleans area include S Ryan Clark, who played at LSU and is a native of Marrero, La. CB Keenan Lewisand WR Mike Wallaceare both from New Orleans and attended O. Perry Walker High School. RB Mewelde Mooreis from Hammond, La. and attended Tulane, which plays their home games at the Superdome. CB Ike Tayloris from Gretna, La. and played collegiately at Louisiana-Lafayette. Offensive assistant Harold Goodwinis the brother of Saints' C Jonathan Goodwin. Special teams coach Al Everestcoached for the Saints from 2000-05 while assistant head coach/defensive line John Mitchellcoached at LSU from 1987-90.
What To Look For
PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES
• The Steelers look to improve to 6-1 for the first time since 2004 when the team finished 15-1 in the regular season.
• The Steelers look to improve to 8-6 all-time against the Saints.
• Pittsburgh looks for its first win in the Superdome since a 9-6 victory in 1990.
• The Steelers look to improve to 5-4 on the road in the series history.
• Pittsburgh looks to improve to 3-0 against NFC foes this year.
• The Steelers look for their 23rd win in the last 27 games against NFC teams.
• The Steelers look to improve to a perfect 4-0 on the road this year and for the first time since winning their first four road games in 2005.
PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES
TE Heath Miller
• Needs 96 receiving yards to become just the second tight end in team history to reach 3,000 yards for his career. Miller currently has 2,904 career receiving yards and trails only Elbie Nickel (5,133) on the all-time list for tight ends.