- Earlier this week running back DeAngelo Williams said, "My message to everyone is the same, just relax and enjoy the show." Williams put on quite a show against the Raiders, rushing for 170 yards on 27 carries and two touchdowns. Williams also had two receptions for 55 yards. It's the 20th time Williams rushed for 100 yards.
- Wide receiver Antonio Brown had a career-high and Steelers record 17 receptions, with a career-high 284 yards. The 17 receptions are tied for fifth-most in a game in NFL history and the 284 yards are seventh-most.
- Turnovers played a huge role in the Steelers 38-35 win, with three fumble recoveries and one interception.
- Rookie tight end Jesse James played in his first NFL game, and had two receptions for 13 yards including a four-yard touchdown reception.
- Before leaving the game with a foot injury, Ben Roethlisberger recorded his 40th career 300-yard game, finishing with 334 yards. Roethlisberger also has thrown a touchdown pass in 35 consecutive home games.
The Pittsburgh Steelers hosted the Oakland Raiders at Heinz Field in Week 9.