The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last-minute crowds at the gate, and to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities for Sunday night's game versus Baltimore. Kickoff is set for 8:30 p.m. and all gates will open at 6:30 p.m.
Prior to the game, the Steelers will officially retire Joe Greene's No. 75 in a special presentation in the FedEx Great Hall. And at halftime, Steelers President Art Rooney IIand Steelers Chairman Dan Rooneywill join Greene on the field for a special ceremony.
Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats for the Greene ceremony at halftime. Also during the intermission, FanCam will be taking a super hi-res, interactive image of the entire stadium. The picture will capture everyone in the crowd at Heinz Field. Fans can visit www.steelers.fancam.com to find themselves and to get the most in-depth look at every Steelers fan in Heinz Field.
This Sunday Night Football matchup also marks the team's Salute To Service game, which is the NFL's league wide campaign for support of the military and its veterans. There will be numerous elements involving the NFL initiative, including banners on the field and throughout the stadium. Also, game balls, Gatorade towels, certain player apparel and the coin used for the coin toss will don the Salute to Service camouflage ribbon.
In addition, the Joint Services Color Guardwill present our nation's colors. Military Veteranswill stand with the Steelers' players for the National Anthem, which will be sung by a vocal quartet from the 28th Infantry Division Band (PA National Guard). There will also be a special recognition during pregame to honor local military veterans. The Copic Family, who are season ticket holders, and each one is an active military member, will help lead the Terrible Towel Twirl. And Navy Seabee George Alexanderwill be honored as the ATI Hometown Hero. Alexander will receive the Purple Heart for his service.
Steelers Nation Uniterecognizes fans as official members of Steelers Nation. The program is free to join and members have the opportunity to connect with the team and get recognized for their dedication. Fans can register at www.steelersnationunite.com, on the Steelers mobile app or at Heinz Field. Registration areas at Heinz Field are located in the FedEx Great Hall and East and West Clubs, and fans can also register at Stage AE.
The Steelers 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will allow fans who enter Heinz Field early on game days the opportunity to win exclusive prizes from the team. The first 25,000 fans who enter the stadium will be given a scratch-off card, and all 25,000 fans will be winners. Fans will have the opportunity to win Steelers gift cards (Steelers Sideline stores), pregame field passes, concert tickets (Stage AE), free in-stadium food and drinks, a PG Store offer, an official 9Forty League Cap (New Era), overnight stays (Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa), free coffee (GetGo) and admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The NFL Bag Policy that was implemented at the start of the 2013 season will be in effect for all Steelers' home games.
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5" tall by 3.4" wide.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5" x 6.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
Fans are encouraged to stop at Steelers Tailgates at Stage AE, presented by Coors Light, as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 3 p.m. WDVEand the Steelers Radio Networkwill also be live at Stage AE for their pregame and postgame shows.
There will also be live music in a variety of areas prior to kickoff. Tim Montana & The Shredneckswill perform at Stage AE, the 28th Infantry Division Band (PA National Guard) will perform in the FedEx Great Hall, and Kevin Dalewill perform on the main concourse.
For all home games in 2014, the Steelers have a 50/50 Raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home half the prize, and for this game the other half will go to the Wounded Warrior Project. There will be 50/50 kiosks and personnel throughout the stadium. Tickets go on sale two hours prior to kickoff and will end during the game. The winning ticket will be announced during the game and the winners' list will be posted on Steelers.com for 30 calendar days after the game.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling"campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field, Waste Management, Three Rivers Power Sweep and Alco Parking.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Sunday's game:
- The American Red Crosswill staff a holiday card signing station for deployed military members, veterans and their families. The display will be located in the FedEx Great Hall from the time the gates open until the end of halftime.
- The Pittsburgh Steeline Drum Linewill perform during pregame and will continue throughout the stadium during the game.
- Prior to the team's introductions, season ticket holders will unfurl a large 60-yard Terrible Towel near the home sideline.
- There will be a Zambelli Fireworksdisplay prior to kickoff.