Steelers Game Day Quick Tips
PennDot, the Pittsburgh city police and other partners have worked with the Steelers and Heinz Field management to facilitate event access and to provide the following transportation and parking tips that will help with your game day commute:
*Construction Traffic Alerts
From the North Rte 65:
• The ramp from North Route 65 to North Shore Drive is closed. Motorists should follow the detour toBeaver Avenue *southbound.
*From the South/West:
• North Shore Drive adjacent to the casino from the *West End Bridge and Beaver Avenue is restricted to one lane.
• There is now a new traffic pattern at the south end of the West End Bridge. Traffic using the West End Bridge headed to:
• East I-376and toNorth Rte 60andRte 50, should now use the RIGHT lane; and traffic to
• South I-279andRte 51, should now use the two LEFT lanes.
• Motorists heading toRoute 60and Route 50 should follow the Steuben Street detour due to closures on the route toMain Street.
*Heading North*to I-279:
• The HOV lane (northbound) will be closed. A recommended detour is to take *Route 65 South from Beaver Avenue. Follow detour signs from the Reedsdale Street (westbound) underpass to Chateau Street. Take the U-turn to Beaver Avenue to access Route 65 South.
• Heading east to Oakland, motorists are recommended to follow Bigelow Blvd.from downtown.
Reserved, pre-sold parking lots around the stadium open at 3 p.m. to game day parkers. Tailgating is permitted in the pre-sold lots surrounding the stadium. Reedsdale Street eastbound, via the West End Bridge, will be opened for the game providing access to pre-sold Gold Lot 1, Red 5 Garage and Red 7 Lots.
The Gateway West, Green 30 (future casino) Parking Lot is permanently closed to the public.
Fans without pre-sold parking and cash parkers arriving after late afternoon (including all of those that previously parked in Green Lot 30), should utilize parking areas in the Golden Triangle, Station Square, one of the Port Authority's regional Park & Ride shuttles or the Allegheny Center garage.
For $5.00, convenient Golden Triangle parking is available at nine (9) Pittsburgh Parking Authority garages, the Mon Wharf and the Convention Center. The Fifth Avenue Place garage also provides parking for $5.00.
From Golden Triangle parking garages and Gateway "T" station, fans can enjoy a pleasant walk to Heinz Field via the Ft. Duquesne Bridge walk and sidewalks on the Roberto Clemente Bridge. Fans seeking front door service can park in the First Avenue Garage or the new Grant Street Transportation Center (at Eleventh Street) and catch a shuttle bus to Art Rooney Avenue near Gate A at Heinz Field.
Park & Ride from the Golden Triangle Garages with Convenient Bus Shuttles
Want to minimize walking? If you park in the Golden Triangle, you can ride on a Shuttle Bus (for only $1.50 per person, each way). Shuttles operate two hours before kickoff and 45 minutes after the game. All shuttles will travel across the Clemente Bridge. Stops include Liberty Avenue across from the Wood Street "T" Station, Liberty Avenue at Heinz Hall and Sixth Street at Ft. Duquesne Blvd. At Heinz Field, Shuttles stop at Art Rooney Avenue near Gate "A."
Consider two garages with convenient access and Shuttles:
• First Avenue Garage – from EAST via I-376 (westbound) use Exit 1D to Second Avenue; and from SOUTH/WEST via I-376 (eastbound) use Exit 1C. Shuttle begins adjacent to garage.
• (NEW THIS YEAR)The Grant Street Transportation Center Garage – from SOUTH/WEST and NORTH via I-279 use Exit 6C (10th Street Bypass/Convention Center) to 11th Street. Shuttle stops on 11th Street at Penn Avenue (adjacent to Convention Center).
Regional Park & Ride Shuttles
Four regional Park & Ride shuttles, to and from Heinz Field (one each for the north, east, south and west), are available for fans who want front door service:
• 13S Ross Park and Ride – from North I-279, take exit 12 (Perrysville);
• 68S Monroeville – East Busway (Mall);
• 51 S Century III – Large Park and Ride; and
• 28S West Busway – Moon (University Blvd.)
These shuttles provide quick door-to-door service between their free parking lots and Heinz Field. Riders will be dropped off on North Shore Drive at Art Rooney Avenue near Gate A.
Shuttle rates are competitive ($2.00 to $2.60 per person, each way).
All regional shuttles will operate four trips from their respective lots beginning two hours and thirty minutes (2½ hours) before kickoff.
Four trips will return to each respective lot beginning 20 minutes after the end of the game with the last trip departing 45 minutes after the game's completion. Return trips will depart Heinz Field from West General Robinson Street between Art Rooney Avenue and Tony Dorsett Drive.
For more information, contact Port Authority Customer Service at (412) 442-2000.
Station Square Boat Shuttles
Park at Station Square ($8.00) and ride the Gateway Clipper Fleet Steelers shuttle boats ($5.00 per person, each way).