A look at some of what happened around the NFL as free agency kicked off.
March 11If there is one thing that is consistent with free agency, it's that change is constant. And some changes definitely came since the last update, which was Friday at noon.
One of those changes came when linebacker Lawrence Timmons, the Steelers No. 1 pick in 2007 and Mike Tomlin's first-ever Steelers' draft pick, signed with the Miami Dolphins.* *
In other news ...
- Former Steelers tackle Kelvin Beachum is headed to the Jets.
- Linebacker Jabaal Sheard has signed with the Colts.
- Linebacker Julius Peppers signed with the Panthers, where his career began.
- The Patriots traded their No. 1 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, 32nd overall, to the New Orleans Saints for wide receiver Brandin Cook.
- Tight end Martellus Bennett signed with the Packers.
After all of the dust settled from Day 1 of free agency, the moves kept coming this morning. Here are a few tidbits that transpired before noon today.
- Titans agreed to deals with safeties Johnathan Cyprien and Brynden Trawick
- Jaguars signed cornerback A.J. Bouye and linebacker Lerentee McCray.
- Lions signed defensive tackle Akeem Spence.
- Redskins signed safety D.J. Swearinger.
- Cornerback Prince Amukamara is headed to the Bears.
- Linebacker John Simon is headed to the Colts
- Cornerback D.J. Hayden is going to the Lions.
Let the games begin. Free agency kicked off at 4 p.m. and the moves started to come immediately. Here is a rundown of some key moves.
- Steelers signed tight end David Johnson to a two-year contract.
- Not long after the Steelers signed quarterback Landry Jones to a two-year contract.
- While the Steelers signed two of their own, they also lost one as wide receiver Markus Wheaton agreed to a deal with the Bears.
- Linebacker Lawrence Timmons visited the Miami Dolphins, but no word yet on him signing there.
- Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon has been suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the 2017 season.
- Ravens sign running back Danny Woodhead, and reached agreements with safety Tony Jefferson and quarterback Ryan Mallett. They also picked up the contract option for receiver Mike Wallace to return.
- Bengals agree to terms with cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick.
- The Texans traded quarterback Brock Osweiler and a second-round pick in 2018 to the Cleveland Browns. The team also added offensive linemen Kevin Zeitler and J.C. Tretter and wide receiver Kenny Britt.
- Eagles agree to terms with wide receivers Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith.
- Wide receiver DeSean Jackson signed with Tampa Bay. The Bucs also signed defensive lineman Chis Baker.
- The 49ers added wide receivers Pierre Garcon and Marquise Goodwin, quarterback Brian Hoyer, and linebacker Malcolm Smith.
- The Bills signed safety Micah Hyde.
- Patriots acquired tight end Dwayne Allen from the Colts in a trade.
- Lions released linebacker DeAndre Levy.
- Jaguars acquire offensive tackle Brandon Albert in a trade with the Dolphins.
- Broncs agreed to terms with guard Ronald Leary.
- Bears released quarterback Jay Cutler.
- Cardinals signed safety Antoine Bethea.
- Falcons agreed to terms with defensive lineman Jack Crawford.