Grab your favorite shoes, and register now to receive:
- A commemorative 2020 medal & t-shirt
- Virtual run and walk tips
- Virtual goodie bag from race sponsors
- And an automatic entry to win autographed merchandise and Pro Shop gift cards
One of the best things about Steelers Nation is that the entire family gets to be part of the action. That's true for the Steelers Run and Walk, too! Children can register for the virtual Kids Fun Run to earn their own race medal and shirt.
2020 Shirt Design
Each participant will be mailed a Zone Performance short-sleeve T-Shirt along with a commemorative medal in their race packet.
Join the Conversation on Social:
Don't forget to share your photos with us as your train and participate in your Steelers Run and Walk using hashtag #SteelersRunWalk on social media. We will be cheering you on the whole way!
You will also hear from our Steelers legends Run and Walk co-captains on social - Merril Hoge, Rocky Bleier, Dermontti Dawson, Alan Faneca, Franco Harris, Brett Keisel and Kendall Simmons!
Virtual Run Safety Tips:
- These are not closed courses. Please be aware of your surroundings and use crosswalks when crossing roads and look both ways. Obey normal traffic laws.
- Plan for your run. Water fountains or sources may not be available along your route so please come prepared.
- Bring ID in case of an emergency.
- Notify someone when you start your run and then when you are done. Let them know where you are running.
- If listening to music only use one earbud and leave your other ear open to listen for potential hazards.
- Check the weather for the time you plan on running.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing.
- Call 911 with any emergency right away.
- Lastly and most importantly, use common sense and listen to your body - don't overdo it.
Take a look at photos of the 31st Annual Gatorade/Steelers 5K Race, Fitness Walk and Kids' Kickoff Run. The proceeds benefit the Art Rooney Scholarship Fund
About the Art Rooney Scholarship Fund
The Art Rooney Scholarship Fund was established in memory of the late founder of the Steelers, who died in August of 1988 after living most of his life on the North Side. The scholarship annually provides a grant to a North Catholic High School student and funds the Pittsburgh Promise scholarships for two students graduating from Pittsburgh high schools who are residents of the North Side. Since its beginning, the scholarship has awarded grants to more than 90 local students.
About the Chuck Noll Foundation for Brain Injury Research
The Steelers launched the Chuck Noll Foundation for Brain Injury Research in 2016 to support continued research and education regarding brain injuries and treatment of sports-related concussions. The Foundation funds research that it believes is the most promising in the area of sports-related concussions and related conditions. To help best evaluate which research programs to fund, some of the most renowned neurosurgeons in the country serve on a national medical advisory panel. Learn more >>>