Crucial Catch: The NFL has partnered with the American Cancer Society for the 15th consecutive season for 'Crucial Catch,' and the Steelers will be taking part in it today when they host the Baltimore Ravens at Acrisure Stadium.
The initiative is designed to bring attention to the importance of early detection and risk reduction, things that can be life saving for individuals who are diagnosed early. Since the inception of the partnership, the NFL has contributed more than $27 million to the American Cancer Society through sales of Crucial Catch branded merchandise, NFL Auction items, and general fundraising.
Steelers players will be supporting the cause when they wear Crucial Catch sideline gear, including hats, hoodies and t-shirts, during the game. The items are available to be purchased on Steelers.com, with a portion of the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
It doesn't stop there by a longshot for the team. To kick things off, the team's highly successful 50/50 raffle will benefit cancer charities.
Fans entering Acrisure Stadium will be given a pink Terrible Towel, which will be distributed by UPMC volunteers. UPMC Hillman Cancer Center and UPMC Magee Womens Hospital are the presenting sponsors for the game and UPMC doctors will make a $10,000 check presentation to Cancer Bridges, who are the community organization of the game.
Also, before the game, The Warriors In Pink Quilt will be presented to the Trinity Tony Teramana Medical Oncology Hillman Cancer Center in Steubenville, OH. Family members representing the Teramana Family will receive the quilt on behalf of the center in honor of Albert Teramana, a founder of Team Automotive (Team Ford, Steubenville, OH and Wellsburg, WV) who passed away this summer.
Plenty of support: The National Anthem will be sung by local cancer survivor Curtis Lewis Jr., who will be flanked by local cancer survivors wearing pink t-shirts.
There will be no shortage of support throughout Acrisure Stadium with on-field stencils and goal posts wraps being among the featured items supporting Crucial Catch. Players and coaches will also show their support, from the aforementioned sideline apparel, which will also include pins, gloves, wristbands, sideline caps and other items. The game day poster, program and all communication will be used to support the Crucial Catch program.
The University of Pittsburgh band will perform at halftime and will form a ribbon to show support for those battling cancer.
There will be a 'Black and Yellow for Pink Lemonade Stand' set up on the Gate A Lawn, which raises funds for Breast Cancer Research Fund (BCRF).
Giving back: The community organization of the game is Cancer Bridges. Cancer Bridges supports those impacted by cancer through a variety of free programs and services. Cancer Bridges provides a warm and welcoming environment for everyone who has been impacted by cancer. This includes those with a cancer diagnosis, those who have a loved one with cancer, or have experienced the loss of a loved one due to cancer. The diagnosed, family, friends, and caregivers who support them are welcome to join Cancer Bridges and receive the social, emotional, and informational tools they need.
Twirl the Towel: The Terrible Towel Twirl will be started by Pittsburgh native and Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher, David Bednar. Bednar, who is the Pirates closer, enters the game with 'Renegade' playing.
Minkah Magic: Safety Minkah Fitzpatrick is taking part in a community outreach program in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, donating tickets to Steelers home games to the Pittsburgh Police for them to take youth in city neighborhoods to games, as well as enjoy a pregame tailgate party inside of Stage AE. The tickets are distributed to different police zones each week, allowing a wide range of kids the opportunity to not only see a game, but spend quality time interacting with the police and getting to know the men and women who are there to protect them.
A look at player arrivals before the Steelers' Week 5 game against the Baltimore Ravens at Acrisure Stadium
Honoring a hero: The U.S. Steel Salute to Heroes recipient is SGT. Dustin Davis of the United States Marine Corp and a Pittsburgh Firefighter. He will be accompanied by the IAFF Local #1 Pittsburgh Firefighters Honor Guard. While deployed with the 3rd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment to the very hostile Anbar Province, SGT Davis participated in over 45combat missions. As a life-long Steelers Fan, Dustin celebrated a successful mission by unfurling a Pittsburgh Steelers banner.
A trip of a lifetime: Earlier this year the Steelers partnered with the Today Show to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week. As a part of it, a special teacher from Wichita, Kansas is in attendance at today's game.
It all began when students at Northeast Magnet High School surprised LaShay Powell, who is known as 'Ms. Pow Pow,' with a custom Steelers jersey and shared it in a video that went viral on social media. Powell is a lifelong Steelers fan and receiving the jersey brought her to tears.
It went one step further when former Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart, who is one of her favorite players, joined the Today Show to surprise her with tickets for the Steelers-Ravens game. Powell had met Stewart when she was 12 years old, and he was a quarterback at the University of Colorado. When he was drafted by the Steelers, she instantly became a fan.
Enter early: Acrisure Stadium Management and the Pittsburgh Steelers are reminding fans to enter the stadium early to ensure they will not miss kickoff.
Fireworks, which will be presented by Zambelli Fireworks, will be set off an hour prior to kickoff and 30 minutes prior to kickoff to serve as reminders for fans to enter Acrisure Stadium so they will not miss all of the pregame activities, including Steelers introductions and kickoff.
Fans are also being reminded of the mobile ticketing process in place at Acrisure Stadium. Prior to coming to Acrisure Stadium, fans should:
• Save their mobile tickets to the digital wallet on their smartphone.
• Make sure their phones are fully charged.
--> Evolv security screening technology has been added to gates establishing an arrival process for guests that is notably swifter and exceptionally safeguarded. Guests can simply walk through these systems unimpeded, without having to remove personal items (e.g., keys, cell phones, coats or bags), all the while maintaining the highest degree of weapons detection accuracy.
--> As part of an updated agreement with Ticketmaster, pedestal scanners have been installed at all entrances, club areas, and suites. This advancement aims to facilitate a rapid and touchless ticket scanning process, ensuring a faster and more convenient entry experience.
--> Checkout registers have been equipped with a new point of sale system to better cater to guests, optimizing transactions to enable quicker checkouts and reducing wait times at our concession stands.
NEW FEATURES & ENTERTAINMENT
--> Gameday Entertainment: Steelers Nation can expect a revitalized pregame with new features and fan traditions that will get them excited for the game. Fans are encouraged to arrive at their seats 20 minutes before kickoff to not miss a moment. Throughout the game, fans will notice modernmusic and video entertainment, along with interactive games featuring a helmet shuttle, fan filters, and more.
--> First Down Line & Down and Distance: The team is bringing some of the standard Network TV broadcast game elements to the stadium. Now fans will be able to follow the flow of the game on the scoreboard more easily through a yellow first down line and easy-toread Down & Distance graphics.
--> Next Gen Stats: A new statistical feature that provides fans with more detailed game and player statistics will be on display each game.
--> Commercial Clock: This new feature allows fans to understand how much time is left in Network TV timeouts, a countdown to when live game action will return to the field.
UPGRADED FOOD & BEVERAGE
Improved Speed & Convenience
-> Additional Walk-Thru Brus and Drink Markets have been added, which feature grab-and-go beverage models paired with smartcheckout devices, throughout the stadium. A new self-service soda refill station, located in the upper deck, was added so fans can fill up quickly and get back to the game.
-> Guests can skip the lines by taking advantage of newly improved mobile ordering on gameday, available via the Steelers Mobile App. Fans can place their order from their seat and pick up at designated concession locations.
New Locations & Concepts
--> Six Little Caesars pizza outlets have been introduced throughout the stadium to pair with additional locations of fan favorites Auntie Anne's and Caliente Pizza. These new locations will broaden both the quality and variety of offerings in the stadium.
--> Steel City Classics, a new walk-in express area, located in the east and west upper deck, will allow fans to select their favorite concessions and checkout themselves, so they can quickly get back to the game.
--> New food and beverage items have been added to the roster including delights like fudge puppies, chipped ham grilled cheese, poutine tots, and more. At Spirits 33 locations, fans can look for two new signature cocktails featuring Dubliner Irish Whiskey in a Steelers mason jar, that fans can take home. For a complete look at all Acrisure Stadium food and beverage options, click here.
--> Tours: Fans can elevate their weekend by booking a tour at Acrisure Stadium. The Steelers Hall of Honor Museum has quickly become a bucket list destination for any fan. Guests can also go behind the scenes with an iconic stadium tour. Book a Tour here.
--> Pregame Activations: Stage AE, Art Rooney Ave & Gate A lawn will feature legend meet and greets and several new photo opportunities including a 360-degree booth, a HERE WE GO sign, live music, and more. The FedEx Great Hall features the newly revealed Franco Harris retired jersey display and will also host an exclusive pregame Q&A session with a Steelers alumeach gameday.
--> Pro Shop: Steelers Pro Shop locations have been revamped throughout the stadium and are the best places to get new 2023 exclusive Steelers apparel and items sourced directly from the team.
--> Student Rush: College students now have the chance to secure exclusive tickets to each home game via this brand-new program. All fans can visit the newly designated area behind the south scoreboard for a variety of photo ops and city views. Learn more here.
Kid captains: The honorary youth football captains today are Brayden Mynahan and Rylen Conklin from Gateway Midget Football.
- The game broadcast is carried nationally on CBS (KDKA-TV locally in Pittsburgh). Game coverage begins Sunday at 1:00 p.m. ET. The BetMGM Steelers Kickoff pregame show begins at 11:30 a.m. ET and will air locally on KDKA-TV. The Neighborhood Ford Store Steelers Extra Point Postgame Show starts immediately following the game on KDKA+. The Postgame Show will also be archived on the Steelers YouTube channel.
- Ian Eagle (play-by-play), Charles Davis (color) and Evan Washburn (sideline) are on the game call.
- The NFL also offers fans a number of ways to watch games on their digital devices:
- NFL+ Premium gives you the freedom to watch LIVE local & primetime Regular Season and Postseason games on your phone or tablet, full & condensed replays of every game, and MORE! Whether you are at the stadium or on-the-go, you will never miss a moment with NFL+. NOTE: NFL+ is only available to users within the United States. For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit NFL+ Support
- Don't forget all Steelers postgame press conferences are streamed live on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App and the team's Official YouTube Channel.
- Steelers Radio Network - Game coverage begins at 1:00 p.m. ET; Pregame programming begins at 9:00 a.m. ET; Postgame coverage starts immediately following the game.
- Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Craig Wolfley (color analyst), Max Starks (sideline reporter) and Missi Matthews (sideline reporter) are on the call.
- Fans in the Pittsburgh area can listen locally on WDVE 102.5 FM & WBGG 970 AM.
- The Steelers Radio Network will broadcast the game live through our radio affiliates. Click here for a list of our radio affiliates.
- The game broadcast is also carried on Steelers Nation Radio (SNR). SNR is streamed on Steelers.com and the Official Steelers Mobile App. Fans can listen to pregame and postgame programming from anywhere in the world on these platforms. NFL geographical restrictions apply to the game broadcast stream for desktop, mobile web and mobile app users.
- SiriusXM subscribers can listen to Steelers game live. Please visit SiriusXM's Steelers broadcast page for channel details.
- Puedes escuchar la transmisión del partido en español en cualquier parte del mundo en steelers.com/espanol desde tu computadora.
- Si estás en México y en el área de Pittsburgh puedes escuchar desde tu dispositivo móvil y desde el App Oficial de Steelers. Simplemente haz Clic en la esquina superior derecha de la página principal del App donde dice "Live Audio" y selecciona español.
- Todos los juegos de los Steelers de la temporada 2023 serán transmitidos por Imagen Radio en México. Haz clic aquí para ver la lista de esas estaciones
- Arturo Carlos y Raúl Allegre serán nuestro equipo del Steelers en español. Arturo Carlos está en su vigésima temporada cubriendo la NFL y quinta temporada como narrador de Steelers en español. Raúl Allegre, 2 veces campeón de Super Bowl, esta en su tercera decada cubriendo la NFL.
- Inicia tu prueba GRATIS ahora para ver todos los juegos de los Steelers en vivo en y más con NFL Game Pass International. Para iniciar tu prueba y regístrarte haz clic aquí.
*Activa las notificaciones en español del App Oficial de Steelers
*Abre la aplicación, haz clic en la esquina inferior derecha en "More," haz clic en "Settings," haz click en la tercera opción "Notifications" y activa el icono en "Español."