Color Rush Night: The Steelers will wear their Color Rush uniforms tonight when they play the New England Patriots at Acrisure Stadium on Thursday Night Football, the first time they have worn the uniforms during the 2023 season.
The Steelers own a 7-2 record when wearing the Color Rush uniforms.
The Color Rush uniform has become a favorite with players and fans alike, a monochromatic look that was first introduced to wear primarily on Thursday Night Football.
"I love the uniform," said tight end Pat Freiermuth. "It's obviously different than our normal one. It's fun to rep. It's fun to wear. It's awesome wearing it running out of the tunnel, especially for a night game. It's so cool to wear it in that home atmosphere.
"I think the whole city likes to rep it as well."
The uniform is a black jersey with gold numbers and gold stripes on the sleeves, while the pants are all black, with a gold stripe.
"I like the Color Rush. I like that it's simple, but still looks old school at the same time," said safety Minkah Fitzpatrick. "I like the all black look. I usually wear all black no matter what.
"Wearing it at night, it adds to the atmosphere for sure."
The Steelers first wore the uniforms on Christmas Day in 2016 when they defeated the Baltimore Ravens, 31-27, to win the AFC North. The team also wore them in 2017 against the Tennessee Titans, a 40-17 win.
In 2018 the team wore them twice, the first time on Thursday Night Football when they defeated the Carolina Panthers, 52-21. They wore them a second time against the New England Patriots, a 17-10 win.
The team also wore them twice in 2019, including in a win over the Miami Dolphins, 27-14, on Monday Night Football. In 2020 the Steelers defeated the Ravens, 19-14, in a Color Rush game. They defeated the Chicago Bears wearing them in 2021.
"I love it," said receiver Diontae Johnson. "The all black. Just that little bit of gold going down the pants, and the stripe.
"It's just something about it. How it looks when you are out there on the field, especially at nighttime. I feel like the uniform pops more at night. It gives us something to look forward to. We are always in the same jersey.
"I really look forward to it. The lights are on. The uniforms look good. You have to have the cleats that match them. When you have it all, it makes you feel good and like you are going to play well."
Fans are encouraged to do their part as well by wearing black to the game for Thursday Night Football. #SteelersBlackout
Honoring America: The National Anthem will be sung by legendary band Styx, who are best known in Pittsburgh for Renegade.
Minkah Magic: Safety Minkah Fitzpatrick is taking part in a community outreach program in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, donating tickets to Steelers home games to the Pittsburgh Police for them to take youth in city neighborhoods to games, as well as enjoy a pregame tailgate party inside of Stage AE. The tickets are distributed to different police zones each week, allowing a wide range of kids the opportunity to not only see a game, but spend quality time interacting with the police and getting to know the men and women who are there to protect them.
Hearing from Legends: A live Legends Q & A will take place at the FedEx Great Hall Stage at 11:30 a.m. Arthur Moats will host it, with his guest Merril Hoge.
Giving back: The community organization of the game is Center of Life. Serving over 40 unique ZIP codes throughout the greater Pittsburgh area, Center of Life provides various worthwhile afterschool, summer, and parental programs rooted in education, music, athletics, and family strengthening to over 400 individuals per year. For over 20 years, Center of Life's mission has been to provide children, families, and community members with the life skills, resources, education, and training necessary to be strong and to make their communities strong.
Enter early: Acrisure Stadium Management and the Pittsburgh Steelers are reminding fans to enter the stadium early to ensure they will not miss kickoff.
Fireworks, which will be presented by Zambelli Fireworks, will be set off an hour prior to kickoff and 30 minutes prior to kickoff to serve as reminders for fans to enter Acrisure Stadium so they will not miss all of the pregame activities, including Steelers introductions and kickoff.
Fans are also being reminded of the mobile ticketing process in place at Acrisure Stadium. Prior to coming to Acrisure Stadium, fans should:
• Save their mobile tickets to the digital wallet on their smartphone.
• Make sure their phones are fully charged.
Saluting a hero: The U.S. Steel Salute to Heroes recipient is Sergeant First Class Lamar Guillard. After attending Peabody High School, he enlisted in the United States Army. During his 24-year career he spent over four and a half years deployed to combat zones in Iraq and Afghanistan. On his 22nd birthday he was on patrol in Ramadi when his vehicle took a direct hit by two IEDs and small arms fire. Despite the shrapnel in his arms and face, he returned fire, secured the area and provided life-saving assistance to his fellow soldiers. He was awarded his first Purple Heart. Undeterred, months later he was awarded a second Purple Heart after being hit by shrapnel from an 80-millimeter mortar.
--> Evolv security screening technology has been added to gates establishing an arrival process for guests that is notably swifter and exceptionally safeguarded. Guests can simply walk through these systems unimpeded, without having to remove personal items (e.g., keys, cell phones, coats or bags), all the while maintaining the highest degree of weapons detection accuracy.
--> As part of an updated agreement with Ticketmaster, pedestal scanners have been installed at all entrances, club areas, and suites. This advancement aims to facilitate a rapid and touchless ticket scanning process, ensuring a faster and more convenient entry experience.
--> Checkout registers have been equipped with a new point of sale system to better cater to guests, optimizing transactions to enable quicker checkouts and reducing wait times at our concession stands.
Twirling the Towel: The Terrible Towel Twirl will be led by Pittsburgh native and world renown actress Ming-Na Wen, who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and was named a Disney Legend.
NEW FEATURES & ENTERTAINMENT
--> Gameday Entertainment: Steelers Nation can expect a revitalized pregame with new features and fan traditions that will get them excited for the game. Fans are encouraged to arrive at their seats 20 minutes before kickoff to not miss a moment. Throughout the game, fans will notice modernmusic and video entertainment, along with interactive games featuring a helmet shuttle, fan filters, and more.
--> First Down Line & Down and Distance: The team is bringing some of the standard Network TV broadcast game elements to the stadium. Now fans will be able to follow the flow of the game on the scoreboard more easily through a yellow first down line and easy-toread Down & Distance graphics.
--> Next Gen Stats: A new statistical feature that provides fans with more detailed game and player statistics will be on display each game.
--> Commercial Clock: This new feature allows fans to understand how much time is left in Network TV timeouts, a countdown to when live game action will return to the field.
Powering Pittsburgh: A check presentation was held pregame for Powering Pittsburgh Steelers STEM. The winning team from Northen Cambria High School received the donation, made on behalf of the Steelers, FedEx, Shell Polymers and U.S. Steel. The championship was held at Acrisure Stadium in November and the winning team the $3,000 donation.
UPGRADED FOOD & BEVERAGE
Improved Speed & Convenience
-> Additional Walk-Thru Brus and Drink Markets have been added, which feature grab-and-go beverage models paired with smartcheckout devices, throughout the stadium. A new self-service soda refill station, located in the upper deck, was added so fans can fill up quickly and get back to the game.
-> Guests can skip the lines by taking advantage of newly improved mobile ordering on gameday, available via the Steelers Mobile App. Fans can place their order from their seat and pick up at designated concession locations.
New Locations & Concepts
--> Six Little Caesars pizza outlets have been introduced throughout the stadium to pair with additional locations of fan favorites Auntie Anne's and Caliente Pizza. These new locations will broaden both the quality and variety of offerings in the stadium.
--> Steel City Classics, a new walk-in express area, located in the east and west upper deck, will allow fans to select their favorite concessions and checkout themselves, so they can quickly get back to the game.
--> New food and beverage items have been added to the roster including delights like fudge puppies, chipped ham grilled cheese, poutine tots, and more. At Spirits 33 locations, fans can look for two new signature cocktails featuring Dubliner Irish Whiskey in a Steelers mason jar, that fans can take home. For a complete look at all Acrisure Stadium food and beverage options, click here.
Celebrity Challenge: The Pittsburgh Celebrity Challenge will be held at halftime of tonight's game, with local celebrities taking part in the fun contest that includes a passing competition. A donation is being made to the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania on behalf of the winner. Taking part are Steve Byrne, Patrick Fabia, Corey Graves and David Bednar.
--> Tours: Fans can elevate their weekend by booking a tour at Acrisure Stadium. The Steelers Hall of Honor Museum has quickly become a bucket list destination for any fan. Guests can also go behind the scenes with an iconic stadium tour. Book a Tour here.
--> Pregame Activations: Stage AE, Art Rooney Ave & Gate A lawn will feature legend meet and greets and several new photo opportunities including a 360-degree booth, a HERE WE GO sign, live music, and more. The FedEx Great Hall features the newly revealed Franco Harris retired jersey display and will also host an exclusive pregame Q&A session with a Steelers alumeach gameday.
--> Pro Shop: Steelers Pro Shop locations have been revamped throughout the stadium and are the best places to get new 2023 exclusive Steelers apparel and items sourced directly from the team.
--> Student Rush: College students now have the chance to secure exclusive tickets to each home game via this brand-new program. All fans can visit the newly designated area behind the south scoreboard for a variety of photo ops and city views. Learn more here.
- The game broadcast is carried nationally on Prime Video (KDKA locally in Pittsburgh). Game coverage begins Thursday at 8:15 p.m. ET.
- Al Michaels (play-by-play), Kirk Herbstreit (analysis) and Kaylee Hartung (field reporter) are on the game call.
- The NFL also offers fans a number of ways to watch games on their digital devices:
- NFL+ Premium gives you the freedom to watch LIVE local & primetime Regular Season and Postseason games on your phone or tablet, full & condensed replays of every game, and MORE! Whether you are at the stadium or on-the-go, you will never miss a moment with NFL+. NOTE: NFL+ is only available to users within the United States. For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit NFL+ Support
- Don't forget all Steelers postgame press conferences are streamed live on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App and the team's Official YouTube Channel.
- Steelers Radio Network - Game coverage begins at 8:15 p.m. ET; Pregame programming begins at 4:15 p.m. ET; Postgame coverage starts immediately following the game.
- Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Craig Wolfley (color analyst), Max Starks (sideline reporter) and Missi Matthews (sideline reporter) are on the call.
- Fans in the Pittsburgh area can listen locally on WDVE 102.5 FM & WBGG 970 AM.
- The Steelers Radio Network will broadcast the game live through our radio affiliates. Click here for a list of our radio affiliates.
- The game broadcast is also carried on Steelers Nation Radio (SNR). SNR is streamed on Steelers.com and the Official Steelers Mobile App. Fans can listen to pregame and postgame programming from anywhere in the world on these platforms. NFL geographical restrictions apply to the game broadcast stream for desktop, mobile web and mobile app users.
- SiriusXM subscribers can listen to Steelers game live. Please visit SiriusXM's Steelers broadcast page for channel details.
- Puedes escuchar la transmisión del partido en español en cualquier parte del mundo en steelers.com/espanol desde tu computadora.
- Si estás en México y en el área de Pittsburgh puedes escuchar desde tu dispositivo móvil y desde el App Oficial de Steelers. Simplemente haz Clic en la esquina superior derecha de la página principal del App donde dice "Live Audio" y selecciona español.
- Si estás en México puedes ver los juegos de pretemporada en español en el App Oficial de Steelers.
- Todos los juegos de los Steelers de la temporada 2023 serán transmitidos por Imagen Radio en México. Haz clic aquí para ver la lista de esas estaciones
- Alvaro Martín y Arturo Carlos serán nuestro equipo del Steelers en español. Álvaro Martín está en su tercera década de crónica de la NFL y en su sexta temporada como comentarista de Steelers en español. Arturo Carlos está en su vigésima temporada cubriendo la NFL y quinta temporada como narrador de Steelers en español.
- Inicia tu prueba GRATIS ahora para ver todos los juegos de los Steelers en vivo en y más con NFL Game Pass International. Para iniciar tu prueba y regístrarte haz clic aquí.
*Activa las notificaciones en español del App Oficial de Steelers
*Abre la aplicación, haz clic en la esquina inferior derecha en "More," haz clic en "Settings," haz click en la tercera opción "Notifications" y activa el icono en "Español."
To listen, simply download the OTB app for free.
GAME PASS INTERNATIONAL
The NFL, in partnership with DAZN, has officially launched Game Pass International for the 2023 season, an opportunity for fans outside of the United States, Canada and China to catch all of the NFL action this season. Subscribers to Game Pass International will be able to access all preseason, regular season and postseason games live. They will also be able to access replays and condensed games on video on demand.
In addition, subscribers will have access to NFL RedZone and NFL Network, both live and on demand. NFL Films/Media will also provide original content and video via an on-demand library.
Content can be watched on all major devices, and fans can sign up today here: NFL GamePass International
The content is available for fans outside of the United States, Canada, China and a handful of Sanctioned Territories.
- Check out Game Day Central on Steelers.com for up to the minute stats and more.
- On the go? Download the Steelers Official Mobile App and follow along with our Game Center that features stats and drive charts.
- Play the YinzChat presented by UniBet the Steelers Official Mobile App prior to each week's game to win prizes.
- Follow us on Facebook, X, Instagram and Snapchat. Don't forget to use #HereWeGo.
- Don't miss live pre and postgame programming on Facebook
- Watch Coach Mike Tomlin's press conference, LIVE immediately following the game, on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App, Facebook and X.