Please note, registration to the message board requires approval of accounts. Accounts are approved only during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Eastern Time.
Communicating in a chat room or on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.
Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.
You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
Questions regarding message board policies or issues should be handled via email to our feedback email and not on the site. Using the message board to air issues is a violation.
By using the Pittsburgh Steelers' service, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in chat rooms, bulletin boards, or other forums and understand that messages that violate this are subject to deletion and immediate banning without notice.
- Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, individual, team member or any person. Name-calling, personal insults of any kind (including things such as ie. 'name' sucks), etc. against fellow posters, team members or individuals, are included in this. These violations can result in banning without notice.
* Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images. Masking foul language in any way, shape or form is not a way around this. Also, posts with obvious or hidden sexual content or innuendos.
Cutting and pasting another posters message that contains a violation, is a violation on your part as well. User names that are considered offensive are also a violation.
* Posts that provide or seek professional advise such as legal, financial, medical, etc.
* Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas). Posts and headlines that are all in caps (no need to yell) will be deleted. Continually bumping posts just to have them remain at the top of the board. Also, posts on the wrong forums will either be moved or deleted. Please use the correct forum for your posts meaning only Steelers talk on the Talk About The Steelers board and the Other Football Talk board is for discussing issues regarding the other 31 teams in the NFL, their players and college football.
* Material that defames, abuses or threatens others. Threats of any types will result in immediate banning.
* Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
* Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them. Any material involving gambling or betting.
* Unauthorized copyrighted material. Cutting and pasting stories from other sites is not permitted. It is an illegal act and all messages with copyright violations are deleted upon discovery and users can be banned immediately. Also, cutting and pasting even small portions of stories, articles or content from other sites is not permitted on Steelers.com.
* Advertising or any form of commercial or personal solicitation. This includes any attempts to buy, sell, distribute, assist with purchase or sale or trade tickets, parking passes or game videos on the message board. Distribution of game tapes is illegal and an NFL and network violation. Use of the board to promote personal websites or soliciting support, sales or any involvement from members of the message board is prohibited. Posting personal email addresses is not permitted. Links or promoting My Space pages is not permitted. Using the site for promotion of personal agendas of any type. These violations can result in banning without notice
* Personal battles will posters that you have an issue with are not permitted and all such posts will be deleted and members could risk losing posting rights. Calling out others for battle is also a violation. Using the board for purposes other than talking about the Steelers.
* Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans, and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board. Any behavior or posting that is disruptive to the flow of the board. No political messages. No political talk. * Linking to unapproved sites, such as YouTube, unauthorized NFL or team sites (including unauthorized Steelers sites) or any other questionable sites.
Linking to newspaper or television websites with Steelers related stories is permitted, however links to other sports sites is not, including those with video that is not approved by the Steelers. All such will be removed and continued abuse will result in account termination.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Network Applications have the right to deem other posts inappropriate that do not fall into any of the above categories at their own discretion.
Also, the boards are to be used for football talk only, Steelers football, NFL football, NFL Draft and college football and that talk should be done on the appropriate boards as stated above.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. Depending on the nature of the violation and anyone who has multiple violations, the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or Network Applications at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account without notice.
All posters agree to this code of conduct and will post with the understanding that they must follow the code and that if it is updated at any time, you must still abide by the changes in the code. Any violations are subject to banning.
All posters please be advised that we will not tolerate posts that are considered offensive, hateful, contain vulger language (any masked swear word included) or other violations stated in the code of conduct. Posts will be removed upon discovery and users can be immediately banned without any warning. Please understand that certain violations also can result in further action being taken.
We strongly advise that if you see such posts, alert us immediately at email@example.com. Do not communicate with the individuals in the violation, as you will be committing a violation as well. Cutting and pasting posts with any violation is also a violation and you can be banned for such actions without warning.
We want the board to be a place where football can be discussed, including differing opinions, but not in a manner that is offensive.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Please note, registration to the message board requires approval of accounts. Accounts are approved only during normal business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.