Back in Block: The Steelers will wear their throwback jerseys today when they host the Green Bay Packers at Acrisure Stadium.
The jerseys feature block letters and numbers on a traditional looking jersey, a nod to the teams of the 1970s.
This will be the fourth time the team has worn this particular throwback jersey, previously doing so in 2018, 2019 and 2022.
In 2018, the Steelers defeated the Cleveland Browns, 33-18, while wearing the jersey. They defeated the Los Angeles Rams, 17-12, while wearing the jersey in 2019.
"I think it's really cool," said linebacker T.J. Watt. "It means a lot that we can wear the jerseys they wore and being a part of that tradition is awesome.
"Those guys still take a lot of pride in what they did, and we take a lot of pride in being able to carry on that legacy and play for the Steelers. That is what makes this organization so special, the true tradition."
Last year the Steelers defeated the Las Vegas Raiders, 13-10, on Christmas Eve while wearing the jerseys and celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Immaculate Reception and honoring late Hall of Famer Franco Harris, who passed away just days before the game.
It was an exciting come-from-behind win, with the Steelers scoring 10 points in the fourth quarter, including a 14-yard touchdown pass from Kenny Pickett to George Pickens with just 46 seconds remaining in the game.
"I think it's awesome," said Pickett. "The Steelers have such a rich history, and we want to continue that tradition. You think back on all of the great players who wore the jersey before you, especially Franco Harris. Going back to last year and how special that game was and getting that win for him. It will be another special game on Sunday."
Watt and defensive tackle Cameron Heyward have worn the jersey multiple times and they just want to do it proud.
"I like the little differences, the little nuances, but it's similar to our standard jersey because that is the tradition we hold," said Heyward. "You see all of the throwbacks that are out there, and they are cool colors and everything, but we have a rich tradition behind it knowing we won so many Super Bowls here. It's special to wear a jersey that resembles those.
"This game wouldn't be what it is today without them. They paved the way for us. We're just running with it. We are trying to leave the legacy the way they did."
Alumni Weekend: The Steelers will cap off their Alumni Weekend today when the group of legends are introduced to the crowd at halftime, giving the Acrisure Stadium crowd an opportunity to welcome home family.
"It is very special," said former quarterback Kordell Stewart. "It's pretty cool that you can come in for a weekend and they go out of their way to accommodate us, to let us go to the practice facility, to see the walk-through practice, to do the tour of the facility with the kids and see the game.
"And then to be announced at halftime. That's pretty cool. It's very special."
For many of the players, getting that stadium welcome isn't something they are as accustomed to anymore and it goes a long way.
Being introduced to the crowd is something Hartings is looking forward to, something that wasn't his style until it hit him how special Steelers Nation is.
"It's very exciting to go out on the field and hear the crowd," said former center Jeff Hartings. "To be honest, the attention NFL football players get was a little overwhelming for me when I played. I just wanted to play football. Then I came to the Steelers, and it's really overwhelming. Your identity is as a football player. It wasn't until the parade after Super Bowl XL when I really started to connect with Steelers Nation and understand they just love the Steelers.
"To be able to go out there and hear that cheer again, there is a special connection between Steelers Nation and the players. I hope all of the players now realize Steelers Nation loves them and appreciates what they are doing now and what we did 20 years ago."
As a part of the Steelers Alumni Weekend, Legends will be on hand and take part in multiple activities today.
The Terrible Towel Twirl will be led by Steelers Hall of Famer and Super Bowl Champion Alan Faneca.
The group of alumni gathered for a dinner on Saturday night at Acrisure Stadium and will be honored during halftime of the game.
Minkah Magic: Safety Minkah Fitzpatrick is taking part in a community outreach program in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police, donating tickets to Steelers home games to the Pittsburgh Police for them to take youth in city neighborhoods to games, as well as enjoy a pregame tailgate party inside of Stage AE. The tickets are distributed to different police zones each week, allowing a wide range of kids the opportunity to not only see a game, but spend quality time interacting with the police and getting to know the men and women who are there to protect them.
Enter early: Acrisure Stadium Management and the Pittsburgh Steelers are reminding fans to enter the stadium early to ensure they will not miss kickoff.
Fireworks, which will be presented by Zambelli Fireworks, will be set off an hour prior to kickoff and 30 minutes prior to kickoff to serve as reminders for fans to enter Acrisure Stadium so they will not miss all of the pregame activities, including Steelers introductions and kickoff.
Fans are also being reminded of the mobile ticketing process in place at Acrisure Stadium. Prior to coming to Acrisure Stadium, fans should:
• Save their mobile tickets to the digital wallet on their smartphone.
• Make sure their phones are fully charged.
Honoring America: The National Anthem will be sung by The Outlaws, an American Rock Band.
Following the Anthem, there will be a flyover by the 7th Fighter Training Squadron, the 'Screamin' Demons,' out of Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.
Giving back: The community organization of the game is the Boys & Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania. Since 1888, Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania has served youth throughout Western Pennsylvania. Consisting of 12 Clubhouse locations and more than a dozen partner sites in Allegheny and Somerset Counties, two stand-alone workforce development locations and three Great Futures Preschool sites, BGCWPA serves thousands of youth annually.
BGCWPA, one of the largest and most comprehensive providers of Before & After School as well as summer day camp programming in the region, is a licensed childcare provider, and offers scholarships to families in need. Programming includes academic literacy, STEM enrichment, sports and recreational activities and mentoring. Additionally, BGCWPA serves young adults ages 18-24 through workforce development programming.
Hearing from Legends: A live Legends Q & A will take place at the FedEx Great Hall Stage at 11:30 a.m. Arthur Moats will host it, with his guest Gerry Mullins.
Honoring a hero: The U.S. Steel Salute to Heroes recipient is Colonel Joe Marm Jr. Marm is a Medal of Honor Recipient and the only surviving Medal of Honor Recipient from the state of Pennsylvania. He hails from Washington, PA and is a life-long Steelers fan.
--> Evolv security screening technology has been added to gates establishing an arrival process for guests that is notably swifter and exceptionally safeguarded. Guests can simply walk through these systems unimpeded, without having to remove personal items (e.g., keys, cell phones, coats or bags), all the while maintaining the highest degree of weapons detection accuracy.
--> As part of an updated agreement with Ticketmaster, pedestal scanners have been installed at all entrances, club areas, and suites. This advancement aims to facilitate a rapid and touchless ticket scanning process, ensuring a faster and more convenient entry experience.
--> Checkout registers have been equipped with a new point of sale system to better cater to guests, optimizing transactions to enable quicker checkouts and reducing wait times at our concession stands.
NEW FEATURES & ENTERTAINMENT
--> Gameday Entertainment: Steelers Nation can expect a revitalized pregame with new features and fan traditions that will get them excited for the game. Fans are encouraged to arrive at their seats 20 minutes before kickoff to not miss a moment. Throughout the game, fans will notice modernmusic and video entertainment, along with interactive games featuring a helmet shuttle, fan filters, and more.
--> First Down Line & Down and Distance: The team is bringing some of the standard Network TV broadcast game elements to the stadium. Now fans will be able to follow the flow of the game on the scoreboard more easily through a yellow first down line and easy-toread Down & Distance graphics.
--> Next Gen Stats: A new statistical feature that provides fans with more detailed game and player statistics will be on display each game.
--> Commercial Clock: This new feature allows fans to understand how much time is left in Network TV timeouts, a countdown to when live game action will return to the field.
A look at player arrivals before the Steelers' Week 10 game against the Green Bay Packers at Acrisure Stadium
UPGRADED FOOD & BEVERAGE
Improved Speed & Convenience
-> Additional Walk-Thru Brus and Drink Markets have been added, which feature grab-and-go beverage models paired with smartcheckout devices, throughout the stadium. A new self-service soda refill station, located in the upper deck, was added so fans can fill up quickly and get back to the game.
-> Guests can skip the lines by taking advantage of newly improved mobile ordering on gameday, available via the Steelers Mobile App. Fans can place their order from their seat and pick up at designated concession locations.
New Locations & Concepts
--> Six Little Caesars pizza outlets have been introduced throughout the stadium to pair with additional locations of fan favorites Auntie Anne's and Caliente Pizza. These new locations will broaden both the quality and variety of offerings in the stadium.
--> Steel City Classics, a new walk-in express area, located in the east and west upper deck, will allow fans to select their favorite concessions and checkout themselves, so they can quickly get back to the game.
--> New food and beverage items have been added to the roster including delights like fudge puppies, chipped ham grilled cheese, poutine tots, and more. At Spirits 33 locations, fans can look for two new signature cocktails featuring Dubliner Irish Whiskey in a Steelers mason jar, that fans can take home. For a complete look at all Acrisure Stadium food and beverage options, click here.
--> Tours: Fans can elevate their weekend by booking a tour at Acrisure Stadium. The Steelers Hall of Honor Museum has quickly become a bucket list destination for any fan. Guests can also go behind the scenes with an iconic stadium tour. Book a Tour here.
--> Pregame Activations: Stage AE, Art Rooney Ave & Gate A lawn will feature legend meet and greets and several new photo opportunities including a 360-degree booth, a HERE WE GO sign, live music, and more. The FedEx Great Hall features the newly revealed Franco Harris retired jersey display and will also host an exclusive pregame Q&A session with a Steelers alumeach gameday.
--> Pro Shop: Steelers Pro Shop locations have been revamped throughout the stadium and are the best places to get new 2023 exclusive Steelers apparel and items sourced directly from the team.
--> Student Rush: College students now have the chance to secure exclusive tickets to each home game via this brand-new program. All fans can visit the newly designated area behind the south scoreboard for a variety of photo ops and city views. Learn more here.
- The game broadcast is carried nationally on CBS (KDKA-TV locally in Pittsburgh). Game coverage begins Sunday at 1:00 p.m. ET. The BetMGM Steelers Kickoff pregame show begins at 11:30 a.m. ET and will air locally on KDKA-TV. The Neighborhood Ford Store Steelers Extra Point Postgame Show starts immediately following the game on KDKA+. The Postgame Show will also be archived on the Steelers YouTube channel.
- Ian Eagle (play-by-play), Charles Davis (analysis) and Evan Washburn (field reporter) are on the game call.
- The NFL also offers fans a number of ways to watch games on their digital devices:
- NFL+ Premium gives you the freedom to watch LIVE local & primetime Regular Season and Postseason games on your phone or tablet, full & condensed replays of every game, and MORE! Whether you are at the stadium or on-the-go, you will never miss a moment with NFL+. NOTE: NFL+ is only available to users within the United States. For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit NFL+ Support
- Don't forget all Steelers postgame press conferences are streamed live on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App and the team's Official YouTube Channel.
- Steelers Radio Network - Game coverage begins at 1:00 p.m. ET; Pregame programming begins at 9:00 a.m. ET; Postgame coverage starts immediately following the game.
- Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Craig Wolfley (color analyst), Max Starks (sideline reporter) and Missi Matthews (sideline reporter) are on the call.
- Fans in the Pittsburgh area can listen locally on WDVE 102.5 FM & WBGG 970 AM.
- The Steelers Radio Network will broadcast the game live through our radio affiliates. Click here for a list of our radio affiliates.
- The game broadcast is also carried on Steelers Nation Radio (SNR). SNR is streamed on Steelers.com and the Official Steelers Mobile App. Fans can listen to pregame and postgame programming from anywhere in the world on these platforms. NFL geographical restrictions apply to the game broadcast stream for desktop, mobile web and mobile app users.
- SiriusXM subscribers can listen to Steelers game live. Please visit SiriusXM's Steelers broadcast page for channel details.
- Puedes escuchar la transmisión del partido en español en cualquier parte del mundo en steelers.com/espanol desde tu computadora.
- Si estás en México y en el área de Pittsburgh puedes escuchar desde tu dispositivo móvil y desde el App Oficial de Steelers. Simplemente haz Clic en la esquina superior derecha de la página principal del App donde dice "Live Audio" y selecciona español.
- Alvaro Martín y Arturo Carlos serán nuestro equipo del Steelers en español. Álvaro Martín está en su tercera década de crónica de la NFL y en su sexta temporada como comentarista de Steelers en español. Arturo Carlos está en su vigésima temporada cubriendo la NFL y quinta temporada como narrador de Steelers en español.
- Inicia tu prueba GRATIS ahora para ver todos los juegos de los Steelers en vivo en y más con NFL Game Pass International. Para iniciar tu prueba y regístrarte haz clic aquí.
*Activa las notificaciones en español del App Oficial de Steelers
*Abre la aplicación, haz clic en la esquina inferior derecha en "More," haz clic en "Settings," haz click en la tercera opción "Notifications" y activa el icono en "Español."
To listen, simply download the OTB app for free.
GAME PASS INTERNATIONAL
The NFL, in partnership with DAZN, has officially launched Game Pass International for the 2023 season, an opportunity for fans outside of the United States, Canada and China to catch all of the NFL action this season. Subscribers to Game Pass International will be able to access all preseason, regular season and postseason games live. They will also be able to access replays and condensed games on video on demand.
In addition, subscribers will have access to NFL RedZone and NFL Network, both live and on demand. NFL Films/Media will also provide original content and video via an on-demand library.
Content can be watched on all major devices, and fans can sign up today here: NFL GamePass International
The content is available for fans outside of the United States, Canada, China and a handful of Sanctioned Territories.
- Check out Game Day Central on Steelers.com for up to the minute stats and more.
- On the go? Download the Steelers Official Mobile App and follow along with our Game Center that features stats and drive charts.
- Play the YinzChat presented by UniBet the Steelers Official Mobile App prior to each week's game to win prizes.
- Follow us on Facebook, X, Instagram and Snapchat. Don't forget to use #HereWeGo.
- Don't miss live pre and postgame programming on Facebook
- Watch Coach Mike Tomlin's press conference, LIVE immediately following the game, on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App, Facebook and X.