Join us at the second annual Steelers Charity Walk to benefit the Chuck Noll Foundation for Brain Injury Research. The event begins on Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. at Saint Vincent College.
Registration opens May 23.
About the Chuck Noll Foundation
The Steelers launched the Chuck Noll Foundation for Brain Injury Research in 2016 to support continued research and education regarding brain injuries and treatment of sports-related concussions.
Under Noll’s leadership during his 23-year coaching career, the Steelers became the first team in NFL history to win four Super Bowls. Noll’s commitment to the well-being of his players ultimately led to the development of the ImPACT test (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) used by NFL team doctors since 2007, and now internationally used to help monitor concussions for athletes at all levels.
The foundation funds research that it believes is the most promising in the area of sports-related concussions and related conditions. To help best evaluate which research programs to fund, some of the most renowned neurosurgeons in the country serve on a national medical advisory panel.
- Saturday, July 28, 2018 starting at 7:00 a.m. at Saint Vincent College
- All participants will receive a t-shirt.
- The walk will start at 9:00 a.m.
- The two mile course will begin at Chuck Noll Field and follow the Winnie Palmer Nature Trail on the Saint Vincent Campus.
- Water, Gatorade and fruit will be available at the finish.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course.
- Animals are not permitted on the course with the exception of recognized service animals.
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, CDs, Walkman's, radios, etc.) are discouraged.
- Packet pickup begins at 7:00 a.m. at Saint Vincent College.
- Free parking is available in the Steelers Training Camp main parking lot.
- Please plan to arrive no later than 8:00 a.m. to allow for park and road closures.
Check back for updates or email SteelersWalk@ChuckNollFoundation.com with questions.