The Steelers are reminding fans attending Sunday's AFC Championship Game at Heinz Field to avoid last minute crowds at the gates and be in their seats early for some special pre game activities on the field, including:
· 6:20 p.m. On field recognition of 50 active servicemen and women (from all branches of the U.S. armed forces) carrying flags representing each of our country's 50 states
· 6:23 p.m. Legendary country superstar Hank Williams Jr. will sing one of his favorite hits
· 6:32 p.m. Steelers player introductions
· 6:35 p.m. National anthem sung by country superstar Martina McBride
· 6:38 p.m Coin toss with honorary co-captains and 2009 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalists Dermontti Dawson and Rod Woodson
"Fans are going to want to be in their seats in time for our pregame festivities before Sunday's AFC Championship Game," said Steelers spokesperson Dave Lockett. "Their energy and enthusiasm will be an important element of our player introductions prior to kickoff."
The Coca-Cola Great Hall and the South Plaza (Gates A and B) will open at 3:30 p.m., approximately three hours prior to kickoff. Gate C (access to the seating bowl, club lounges and suites) will open at 4:30 p.m.
The Steelers and Heinz Field management are warning fans to watch out for counterfeit tickets when attempting to make a purchase from scalpers for Sunday's AFC Championship Game. Fans looking to purchase tickets are advised to only purchase tickets from the Steelers ticket office or access the team's online TicketExchange service by logging on to www.steelers.com/ticketexchange or by visiting www.ticketmaster.com. Fans are advised not to purchase paper tickets printed through the TicketExchange service from scalpers because of the possibility of counterfeiting.
– 30 –