Kicking things off: The annual United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania Kick Off event took place at halftime of today's game against the Lions at Acrisure Stadium, and it was field goals that were the primary goal for the fundraising endeavor.
Three kickers from area companies, including PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Group, West Penn Power, and MSA Safety, competed in the contest.
It was PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy Group who won and earned the honor of presenting a $10,000 check to the United Way to kick off their campaign. Elliott Bundy, Chief Communications & Marketing Officer for Acrisure, also presented a matching contribution of $10,000 from Acrisure to the United Way.
Celebrating youth football: The Steelers are celebrating Play Football Month. As a part of the celebration, the team will host Girl's Flag Football demonstration before the game, with six teams (North Allegheny vs. Ambridge; Moon vs. Shaler; Ellis School vs. West Allegheny), taking part. A youth football game between Mars and Butler will also take place at halftime.
In addition, the Terrible Towel will be led by Best of the Batch high school athletes.
Read more about the Steelers Youth Football Programs.
Family Fun: The Steelers will celebrate Family Day at Acrisure Stadium when they take on the Lions today, and mascots from all three professional teams, including the Pirates and Penguins, will be on hand to greet kids and fans on Art Rooney Avenue. They will also be a part of the youth football halftime activities.
Hearing from Legends: A live Legends Q & A will take place at the FedEx Great Hall Stage at 3:30 p.m. Arthur Moats will host it, with his guest J.T. Thomas.
Towel unfurled: The large Terrible Towel will be unfurled by season ticket holders prior to the game.
Making an impression: In a crowded receivers room, first-year player Tyler Vaughns is doing his part to standout as he battles for a spot on the team's 53-man roster.
Vaughns has six receptions for 88 yards, including a 24-yard touchdown reception to secure the win over Seattle at Acrisure Stadium.
"Boy, how about the playmaking at the end of games," said Coach Mike Tomlin. "I can't say enough about that. The in-stadium things we respect, but beyond that, he's a capable and willing worker out here. He's versatile from a positional standpoint. I like some of the things I'm seeing for sure."
Vaughns is pleased with some of the things he has done so far in the preseason, but knows there is more work to do before the roster cuts on Tuesday, Aug. 30 at 4 p.m. And he is hoping to do some of that against the Lions today in the preseason finale, a game he knows will be the final test.
"It's important to everybody just because it's our game," said Vaughns. "Just all the work you put in through camp you want to make it show in every game we play.
"I've been trying to focus on my angles after I catch the ball. Make sure I secure the ball. Just ball security in general."
Vaughns said he doesn't constantly think about what is going to happen, but it is always there.
"It's in the back of my mind," said Vaughns. "I try to come out every day, work hard, do what I can and get better at my craft every day."
Honoring America: Jocelyn Shank, a 21-year old and from Douglassville, Pa. will sing the National Anthem today. She is currently a senior at Penn State University. Shank competed on NBC's The Voice.
Tune in: Steelers Nation, NFL+ is here, which means you can now watch your Steelers live and on the go! Watch live out-of-market preseason games across devices and live local and primetime regular season games on your phone or tablet. Start your free trial today here.
- The game broadcast is carried nationally on CBS (KDKA-TV locally in Pittsburgh). Game coverage begins Sunday at 4:30 p.m. ET; The BetMGM Steelers Kickoff pregame show begins at 4:00 p.m. ET and will air locally on KDKA-TV; The Neighborhood Ford Store Steelers Xtra Point postgame show starts immediately following the game on Pittsburgh CW. Both programs will be archived on the Steelers YouTube channel.
- Greg Gumble (play-by-play), Charles Robinson (analysis), Evan Washburn (field reporter) are on the game call; The BetMGM Steelers Kickoff pregame show and The Neighborhood Ford Store Steelers Xtra Point postgame show are hosted by Amanda Renner & Max Starks.
- The NFL also offers fans a number of ways to watch this preseason game on their digital devices:
- NFL+ Premium gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local & primetime Regular Season and Postseason games on your phone or tablet, full & condensed replays of every game, and MORE! Whether you are at the stadium or on-the-go, you will never miss a moment with NFL+. NOTE: NFL+ is only available to users within the United States. For a full description of features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit NFL+ Support
- Fans outside of the United States can stream the game via the NFL's GamePass International product.
- Don't forget all Steelers postgame press conferences are streamed live on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App, Facebook and Twitter.
A look at pregame warmups before the Steelers' Week 3 preseason game against the Detroit Lions at Acrisure Stadium
- Steelers Radio Network - Game coverage begins at 4:30 p.m. ET; Pregame programming begins at 12:30 p.m.; Postgame coverage starts immediately following the game.
- Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Craig Wolfley (color analyst) and Max Starks (sideline reporter) are on the call.
- Fans in the Pittsburgh area can listen locally on WDVE 102.5 FM & WBGG 970 AM.
- The Steelers Radio Network will broadcast the game live through our radio affiliates. Click here for a list of our radio affiliates.
- The game broadcast is also carried on Steelers Nation Radio (SNR). SNR is streamed on Steelers.com and the Official Steelers Mobile App. Fans can listen to pregame and postgame programming from anywhere in the world on these platforms. NFL geographical restrictions apply to the game broadcast stream for mobile web and mobile app users. Desktop user may listen to this broadcast from anywhere in the world on Steelers.com.
- SiriusXM subscribers can listen to Steelers game live. Please visit SiriusXM's Steelers broadcast page for channel details.
- Check out Game Day Central on Steelers.com for up to the minute stats and more.
- On the go? Download the Steelers Official Mobile App and follow along with our Game Center that features stats and drive charts.
- Play the YinzChat presented by UniBet the Steelers Official Mobile App prior to each week's game to win prizes.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Don't forget to use #HereWeGo.
- Don't miss live pre and postgame programming on Facebook
- Watch Coach Mike Tomlin's press conference, LIVE immediately following the game, on Steelers.com, the Steelers Official Mobile App, Facebook and Twitter.
A look at player arrivals before the Steelers' preseason Week 3 game against the Detroit Lions at Acrisure Stadium
- Puedes escuchar la transmisión del partido en español en cualquier parte del mundo en steelers.com/espanol desde tu computadora.
- Si estas en México y en el área de Pittsburgh ahora puedes escuchar también desde tu dispositivo móvil y desde el App Oficial de Steelers. Simplemente haz Clic en la esquina superior derecha de la pagina principal del App donde dice "Live Audio" y selecciona español.
- También nuevo para este año, todos los juegos de los Steelers de la temporada 2022 serán transmitidos por Radio Imagen en México. Haz clic aquí para ver la lista de esas estaciones.
- El juego Steelers-Lions también se transmitirá por Grupo Imagen 3.1 en todo México.
- Luis Rodríguez, Álvaro Martín, y Arturo Carlos serán nuestro equipo del Steelers en español este domingo. Luis está en su octava temporada como comentarista oficial de Steelers en español. Álvaro Martín está en su tercera década de crónica de la NFL y en su cuarta temporada como comentarista de Steelers en español. Arturo Carlos esta entrando en su cuarta temporada como play-by-play de Steelers en Español.
Game Pass International
Inicia tu prueba GRATIS ahora para ver todos los juegos de los Steelers en vivo en y más con NFL Game Pass International. Para iniciar tu prueba y regístrarte haz clic aquí.
Activa las notificaciones en español del App Oficial de Steelers
Abre la aplicación, haz clic en la esquina inferior derecha en "More," haz clic en "Settings," haz click en la tercera opción "Notifications" y activa el icono en "Español."