The Pittsburgh Steelers are encouraging fans to arrive early to avoid anticipated heavy traffic and last-minute crowds at the gate, and to enjoy in-stadium pregame activities for Sunday's game versus Indianapolis. Kickoff is set for 4:25 p.m. and all gates will open at 2:30 p.m.
The Steelers will wear their 1934 throwback uniforms for Sunday's contest for the first and only time during the team's 2014 campaign. This is the third consecutive season the team will wear their 1934 throwback uniforms.
Launched earlier this week, Steelers Nation Uniterecognizes fans as official members of Steelers Nation. The program is free to join and members have the opportunity to connect with the team and get recognized for their dedication. Fans can register at www.steelersnationunite.com, on the Steelers mobile app or at Heinz Field. Registration areas at Heinz Field are located in the FedEx Great Hall, East and West Clubs and in the West Main Concourse area.
The Steelers 1st-IN-GOAL promotion, sponsored by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, will allow fans who enter Heinz Field early on game days the opportunity to win exclusive prizes from the team. The first 25,000 fans who enter the stadium will be given a scratch-off card, and all 25,000 fans will be winners. Fans will have the opportunity to win Steelers gift cards (Steelers Sideline stores), pregame field passes, concert tickets (Stage AE), free in-stadium food and drinks, a PG Store offer, an official 9Forty League Cap (New Era), overnight stays (Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa), free coffee (GetGo) and admission to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The NFL Bag Policy that was implemented at the start of the 2013 season will be in effect for all Steelers' home games.
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bag, package or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12." (Official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through steelers.com, at all Steelers Sideline Stores and at nflshop.com), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Logo on bag cannot exceed 4.5" tall by 3.4" wide.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5" x 6.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
Fans are encouraged to stop at Steelers Tailgates at Stage AE, presented by Coors Light, as many great prizes will be given away. Admission is free and the doors will open at 12:30 p.m. WDVEand the Steelers Radio Networkwill also be live at Stage AE for their pregame and postgame shows.
There will also be live music in a variety of areas prior to kickoff. Lava Gamewill perform at Stage AE, Velveetawill perform in the FedEx Great Hall, and Short Buswill perform on the main concourse.
For all home games in 2014, the Steelers have a 50/50 Raffle with proceeds benefiting local charities. One fan will take home half the prize, and for this game the other half will go to Youth Football/Youth Sports. There will be 50/50 kiosks and personnel throughout the stadium. Tickets go on sale two hours prior to kickoff and will end during the game. The winning ticket will be announced during the game and the winners' list will be posted on Steelers.com for 30 calendar days after the game.
The Steelers are participating all season in the "Let's Tackle Recycling"campaign. At every Steelers home game, the Sports & Exhibition Authority (SEA) and its partners are collecting aluminum cans, glass containers and plastic bottles and cups at tailgating parties in the parking lots outside of Heinz Field. The "Let's Tackle Recycling" campaign is sponsored by the SEA in partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Heinz Field, Waste Management, Three Rivers Power Sweep and Alco Parking.
The following are additional highlights for fans for Sunday's game:
- The Pittsburgh Steeline Drum Linewill perform during pregame and will continue throughout the stadium during the game.
- The Baldwin High School Marching Bandwill perform on field prior to kickoff.
- Prior to the team's introductions, season ticket holders will unfurl a large 60-yard Terrible Towel near the home sideline.
- The Navy Recruiting Pittsburgh Color Guardwill present our nation's colors.
- Brynn Williams, Mike and Kiya Tomlin's niece, will perform Sunday's National Anthem.
- Tamara Tunie,Pittsburgh native and star of Law and Order, will help lead Sunday's Terrible Towel Twirl.
- Sergeant Andrew Mercer of the U.S. Marine Corps will be honored as the ATI Hometown Hero.