Heinz Field Security Guidelines
New Heinz Field Security Procedure - Metal Detector Screening
Effective starting August 2012, all fans will be subject to metal detection as they enter Heinz Field. This is a new requirement for all NFL stadiums. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to the stadium. This new procedure, using handheld metal detectors, will enhance our current screening process and ensure a safe game day environment for all.
Guests at Heinz Field are asked to cooperate with security personnel to ensure the safety of all guests. In addition, fans who wear or bring heavy clothing, jackets, or blankets will be asked to open such items for inspection and hand metal detection searches.
The following items are not permitted:
- back packs
- coolers (hard/soft sided)
- large purses (larger than 8 ½ x 11)
- alcoholic beverages
- laser pointers
- video/movie cameras
- professional camera equipments (lenses longer than 6 in)
- audio recording equipment
- banners/signs on poles
- wearing or displaying any apparel or signage with profane/abusive language.
- Any other item deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate
Small purses, small camera cases, binocular cases and diaper bags will be permitted, however, all items that do not pass security must be returned to vehicles.
Heinz Field is NOT responsible for items left at gates.