Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) at Buffalo Bills (2-8)
Date: Sunday, Nov. 28, 2010
Kickoff: 1 p.m., ET
Site: Ralph Wilson Stadium (73,967) • Orchard Park, N.Y.
Playing Surface: AstroPlay
TV Coverage: CBS (locally KDKA-TV, channel 2)
Announcers: Kevin Harlan (play-by-play) Solomon Wilcots (color analyst)
Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) Tunch Ilkin (color analyst) Craig Wolfley (sideline)
Spanish Radio: Grupo Imagen - Destrito Federal (Mexico City) XEDA-FM 90.5
Steelers-Bills complete game notes.
A Look at the Coaches
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
Overall regular-season record: 38-20 (.655)/fourth season
Regular-season record at Pittsburgh: 38-20 (.655)/fourth season
Playoff Record/Years: 3-1/two years
Buffalo Bills Head Coach Chan Gailey
Overall Regular-Season Record: 20-22 (.476)/third season
Regular-Season Record at Buffalo: 2-8 (.200)/first season
Playoff Record/Years: 0-2/two years
Series History: Series began in 1970
Overall: Pittsburgh leads 11-8
At Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh leads 7-1
At Buffalo: Buffalo leads 7-4
Neutral Sites: n/a
Last Meeting: Sept. 16, 2007 (in Pittsburgh)
Pittsburgh 26, Buffalo 3
Postseason Series: Pittsburgh leads 2-1
(postseason record not included in overall series record)
Pittsburgh is 11-8 all-time versus the Bills, not including a 2-1 record in the postseason...the Steelers’ 11-8 record in the regular season against the Bills includes a 7-1 mark at home and a 4-7 record on the road...Pittsburgh has won three straight over the Bills overall and six of the past seven regular-season meetings...the Steelers have won two straight games in Buffalo in the series, including a 29-24 victory in the 2004 season finale.
Steelers-Bills Connections: Several Steelers have ties to the Bills and the Buffalo area. Steelers with direct ties to the Bills and the surrounding Buffalo area include defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, who was the Bills’ assistant head coach in 2003. Offensive line coach Sean Kugler, who was born in Lockport, N.Y. (30 miles north of Buffalo), held the same position with the Bills from 2007-09. OT Jonathan Scott played for Buffalo in 2008-09.
Bills with Steelers/Western Pennsylvania connections include LB Paul Posluszny, who went to Hopewell High School and attended Penn State. Head Coach Chan Gailey was the Steelers offensive coordinator in 1996-97 and was the wide receivers coach in 1994-95. Offensive line coach Joe D’Alessandris was born in Aliquippa and coached at Pitt in 1996.
What To Look For
PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES
• The Steelers look to improve to 12-8 all-time versus the Buffalo Bills in the regular season.
• The Steelers look to improve to 5-7 all-time versus the Bills on the road.
• The Steelers look for their fourth straight win in the series and their third straight win at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
• The Steelers look to improve to 5-1 on the road this year.
• The Steelers look to improve to 6-2 against AFC opponents this year.
PITTSBURGH INDIVIDUAL NOTES
• Needs 189 yards rushing to post his second straight 1,000-yard
rushing season. He currently has 811 yards rushing on the season
and totaled a career-best 1,108 rushing yards in 2009.
• Needs at least 100 yards receiving to break the team’s record for consecutive 100-yard receiving games. He currently is tied with WR
• Needs 241 yards receiving to post his first career 1,000-yard season. He already surpassed last season’s total of 756 receiving yards as he now has 759 yards in 2010.
• Needs five receiving touchdowns to break the team’s single-season record, which is 12 held by Hines Ward (2002), Louis Lipps (1985) and Buddy Dial (1961).