Steelers Adding New Partner To Ownership Group
The Pittsburgh Steelers announced today that they will add a new partner to the ownership group. The new partner will be Paul Evanson, Chairman, President and CEO of Allegheny Energy Inc., headquartered in Greensburg, Pa. A brief background of Mr. Evanson is attached.
The NFL approved Mr. Evanson as a new partner in the Steelers’ ownership group at the NFL meeting last week.
Steelers President Art Rooney, II said: “We are pleased to welcome Paul Evanson to the Steelers’ family. Paul has been patiently waiting to join our ownership group since this summer, and he has a great interest in Steelers’ football.”
Paul Evanson Bio
- Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Allegheny Energy, Inc. – headquartered in Greensburg, Pa.
- Allegheny Energy, Inc. is an investor-owned utility that owns and operates generating facilities and delivers electric service to 1.6 million customers in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia.
- Director of the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) and a member of the Board of Trustees of St. John’s University and the Westmoreland Museum of American Art.
- Served as Chairman of the Florida Reliability Coordinating Council and the Stamford (CT) YMCA and as a trustee of the North American Electricity Reliability Council (NERC).
- Prior to joining Allegheny Energy in 2003, was president of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), one of the largest electric utilities in the nation – joined FPL in 1992.
- Before joining FPL, served as president and chief operating officer of Lynch Corporation, a diversified company that grew through acquisitions in multi-media and transportation. During his tenure, Lynch was listed twice in Fortune magazine’s “America’s 100 Fastest Growing Companies.”
- Received a B.B.A. degree from St. John’s University, magna cum laude, and received a law degree (J.D.) cum laude, from Columbia University, and later a master’s degree (LL.M) from New York University.
- Married (Carol) with one daughter and two grandchildren.