- Labriola on initial 53-man roster (Steelers.com)
Bob Labriola analyzes the Steelers initial 53-man roster.
- Steelers release two draft picks to reduce roster to 53 players (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
Cornerback Shaquille Richardson and tight end Rob Blanchflower were among the 22 Steelers players cut on Saturday.
- Steelers opt for youth, speed while revamping roster (Tribune Review)
There was a 42 percent change in the roster as 22 of the 53 players weren’t on the final cutdown roster a year ago.
- Former Steelers linebacker Harrison retires (Tribune Review)
James Harrison made five Pro Bowls over his 10-year career and was named the 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year.
- Analytics are a part of the equation in evaluating players for the Steelers (Beaver County Times)
The Steelers are one of many teams that use analytics as a part of their player evaluation process.