Heinz Field management is reminding fans attending the ‘Brothers of the Sun’ Tour concert on Saturday, June 30, of stadium policies that are in place at Heinz Field. Saturday is the only night that award-winning country music entertainers Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw will perform in Pittsburgh. All gates open at 3 p.m.
The 2012 ‘Brothers of the Sun’ Tour concert begins in the main bowl at 4:30 p.m. All parking lots open at 10 a.m. Additional parking is available at the Golden Triangle (downtown), Station Square, Allegheny Center, Blue Lot 10, Red Lot 5 garage and in private lots north of the West End Bridge. Fans that park downtown can utilize the North Shore Connector to get them to Heinz Field faster. Fans can use either the Gateway or Wood Street station and the connector will transport them to the North Shore.
The ticket window opens at 1 p.m. for will call as well as ticket sales and is located at Gate B. Fans that have field seats (F1-F10) should enter on Reedsdale Street. All other fans can enter Heinz Field via East, South East, South West, Gate B and Gate C entrances.
Fans are reminded of the following stadium policies:
- Coolers, Thermoses, bags, backpacks, large purses (larger than 8½ by 11), cans, bottles, flasks, alcoholic beverages, laser pointers, strollers, video/movie cameras, tripods, audio recording equipment, banners/signs on poles, weapons and any other item deemed dangerous and/or inappropriate are prohibited.
- Small purses, fanny packs, small camera cases and binocular cases will be permitted, however, all bags are subject to inspection. All bags that do not pass security must be returned to vehicles.
Fans though do not need to have a ticket to enjoy the day’s festivities. Tiki Town presented by Y108 is free to the public. Tiki Town will be set up on Art Rooney Avenue, and it will feature live performances, vendors, food and beverages.
Tiki Town opens at 11 a.m. and will host special pre-show performances by the Stoney River Boys, Andy Gibson, Kenny-oke and The Farm. The Great Hall will feature Greg Bates and John Pirdy starting at 3:30 p.m. Fans must have a ticket though to see the shows in the Great Hall.
Heinz Field encourages boaters to have their boats removed by 9:00 a.m. on July 3 to accommodate the boat races on the North Shore July 3 and 4.
The following is the schedule for the main bowl concerts:
- 4:30 p.m. – Jake Owen
- 5:25 p.m. – Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
- 6:25 p.m. – Tim McGraw
- 8:30 p.m. – Kenny Chesney
- 10:25 p.m. – Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw Share Stage