Steelers’ fans kicked off the NFL season at the 2013 Steelers Fan Blitz, presented by Xfinity, on Saturday, April 27 at Heinz Field. Here is a recap of the 2013 Fan Blitz:
- Current and former Steelers players were on hand to sign autographs throughout Heinz Field. The player included Jason Gildon, Jeff Hartings, Josh Miller, Craig Wolfley, Louis Lipps, Mike Wagner, Gerry Mullins, Randy Grossman, Dwayne Woodruff, Andy Russell, Craig Bingham, Bryan Hinkle, Robin Cole, Larry Brown, Matt Bahr, J.T. Thomas, Edmund Nelson, John Banaszak, Jon Kolb, Marv Kellum, Steve Avery, Chukky Okobi, Keith Gary, Ziggy Hood, Ramon Foster, Jonathan Dwyer, Stevenson Sylvester, Matt Spaeth, David Paulson, Robert Golden, Marshall McFadden, Damon Cromartie-Smith, Ross Ventrone, Justin King, Derek Moye, Zack Pianalto, Kelvin Beachum, Will Johnson, Chris Carter and Josh Victorian.
- The Steelers' First and Second Round Draft picks Jarvis Jones and Le'Veon Bell were present.
- All six Super Bowl Trophies were on display at the stage in the FedEx Great Hall.
- New This Year: The Steelers Press Box was open to the public.
- The Central Blood Bank held a Blood Drive in the North Club Lounge during the event. All pre-registered fans donating blood received free admission to the 2013 Fan Blitz.
- A Youth Skill Sessions for kids in grades 1-8 was held on the playing field.
- Fans attempted field goals on the playing field.
- Live coverage of Day 3 of the 2013 NFL Draft was broadcast.
- Steely McBeam was on hand to meet and greet fans.
- SpongeBob Squarepants appeared in the East Club Lounge.
- Fans Registered to win great prizes, including tickets to Steelers home games, from the Xfinity Prize Tent in the South Plaza. Fans tested their passing skills at the Xfinity Quarterback Challenge for a chance to win four tickets to the Steelers regular season home opener. The Xfinity Mobile Tour featured interactive games and entertainment along with the latest technology from Xfinity.
- Game Faces offered free face painting in the West Concourse, South Plaza and FedEx Great Hall.
- Interactive elements for kids were available in the East Club Lounge. Games and contests were featured in the East Club Lounge for "Draftniks" to participate. ESPN had an iPad Display and fans also visited the Starz Photo Booth. WDVE-FM was on hand broadcasting live throughout the day.
- Fans visited the Steelers Locker Room and took a photo next to a player's equipment in their locker. Steelers Digest was set up in the locker room as well, and fans subscribed taking advantage of the Draft Day special.
- Fans who presented their Steelers Extra Points cards at the Barclaycard tent in the South Plaza received a complimentary Steelers item.
For more information on the 2014 Fan Blitz, please call 412-697-7713.
Check out photos and video from all of the fun at the 2013 Fan Blitz.